This upsets me..

Cheese

I was talking to a friend who is a CLOWN fan and he suggested that ISU athletics are in a better state right now than ours. Can any of you guys disprove this for me? :mad:

Both bball programs on the rise, Iowa has a national wrestling program annually, and football program sells out at Iowa, not at ISU every game. I don't think ISU is bad, as they are doing fine, but not sure why they think ISU is better. They are getting a new indoor football facility but it isn't as nice as iowa's.

Iowa is definitely not in trouble, but neither is ISU.

Sheldon_08020c_1886736.jpg

You might point out that Iowa State only fields 6 men's sports to Iowa's 10, and that they have 10 women's teams to Iowa's 12. It's tough to brag about an athletic department with six men's sports teams.

you might point out that the three years of 6 win seasons with a bowl win is grounds for termination in most other schools in the nation. However, this brings accolades for them because of their difficult conference.

I'm an ISU fan, and if your buddy trotted out the director's cup standings, slap their face for me. There are maybe 7 people on the planet that care about the freaking directors cup. Football and Basketball rule, how you are doing in those two are all that really matters. If he disagrees, have him text you a picture of the stands during ISU's top ten Volleyball team games.

(this is nothing against ISU volleyball, good job girls)

I'm an ISU fan, and if your buddy trotted out the director's cup standings, slap their face for me. There are maybe 7 people on the planet that care about the freaking directors cup. Football and Basketball rule, how you are doing in those two are all that really matters. If he disagrees, have him text you a picture of the stands during ISU's top ten Volleyball team games.(this is nothing against ISU volleyball, good job girls)

You're pretty smart. I like you.

Iowa has better coaches, more money, better facilities, BTN, twice the fan base, better conference, much better talent and recruiting in football, equal talent in basketball.

ISU football has finished above .500 once in the last 6 years. Give me a break.

I'm an ISU fan, and if your buddy trotted out the director's cup standings, slap their face for me. There are maybe 7 people on the planet that care about the freaking directors cup. Football and Basketball rule, how you are doing in those two are all that really matters. If he disagrees, have him text you a picture of the stands during ISU's top ten Volleyball team games.

(this is nothing against ISU volleyball, good job girls)

Exactly. ISU was 6-7 last year. Iowa was 7-6.

ISU basketball was a bit better last year, but Fran has Iowa on the rise big time. Its pretty much even.

ISU has better hoops attendance. Iowa better football. (while all were fairly good last year)

Financially, Iowa is doing great. Attendance at football games is at capacity, the basketball attendance is quickly on the rise, wrestling attendance is fabulous and women's basketball attendance is respectable. Our performance in most sports is average to average minus. This is NOT a great time for U of I athletics in terms of performance...far from it.

Iowa has better coaches, more money, better facilities, BTN, twice the fan base, better conference, much better talent and recruiting in football, equal talent in basketball.

ISU football has finished above .500 once in the last 6 years. Give me a break.

Well for the Psychclone fanatics you have been consistent...........

Consistent LOSERS on the football field.

Latest posts