This Team Is Enjoyable To Watch.

I believe CM at this time is shooting 30% from 3pt range. That's a huge improvement over last year. With CJ, JoeW and CM, we have a nice nucleus of outside shooters. (BTW, CJ is shooting a mind-boggling 52% from 3 pt)

I agree with the lack of TOs; it really helps with offensive rhythm. And we've played some decent competition.

I watched CM warming up for the second half. He was at three point range, left top of circle. He had someone feeding him, so it was catch/shoot. He was 18 for 20. Yes, I know it was practice, but, he looked in good form. Time will tell.

I watched CM warming up for the second half. He was at three point range, left top of circle. He had someone feeding him, so it was catch/shoot. He was 18 for 20. Yes, I know it was practice, but, he looked in good form. Time will tell.

6-29 from 3pt. range last year. 8-26 so far this year. Warm ups don't mean much, it is all about money time. He has to be able to keep his defender honest. By February of last year, teams weren't guarding him, he was getting scrub like treatment.

6-29 from 3pt. range last year. 8-26 so far this year. Warm ups don't mean much, it is all about money time. He has to be able to keep his defender honest. By February of last year, teams weren't guarding him, he was getting scrub like treatment.

I think I made the relevance of my observation clear. Nice work in finding an excuse to bash him.

I think I made the relevance of my observation clear. Nice work in finding an excuse to bash him.

What are you talking about? I am not that dude, but if you want to put me in that category......that's fine.

I like this team but I think when we lose JBo, it changes everything, especially for Connor. I think the Nunge injury might be a blessing that it's forcing us to smaller lineups and Garza certainly benefits having more room to operate but I still wish we were deeper. I'm much more positive about the roster than I was before the year.

If we had JBo, Moss, CJ Joe, Garza and had Connor coming off the bench?? I guess where I'm heading is I think we'll be at least 1 piece short once we lose JBo and CJ has already missed a game.

But regardless, I don't buy in to the "fun to watch". I think winning cures all and if times get tougher once we lose JBo, I wander if the fun to watch will stick.

This team has some potential. CJ has been better than expected. Joe T is going to be just what the doctor ordered at PG and I really like his D. Garza is starting to remind me of Kevin McHale. Not the smoothest guy on the court but great fundamentals and developing some nice moves around the basket and plays as hard as anyone.

If I misread your post, I certainly apologize.

I'll be that guy. I stuck up for Connor last year, but I think he's pushing it beyond his ability this year. He drove the lane 3 times that I can recall against the gophers (1) drove into 3 defenders, turnover (2) shot blocked deep in the lane (3) airball fade away. I think he has a high ball IQ but he's not playing within his talent this year. I think Connor needs to let the game come to him. Hope this changes as the season goes on but I think he's getting too many minutes right now.

Moss is actually becoming more one dimensional on Kansas. He only attempts 1 2pt shot per game compared to 4 3s. Last year on Iowa he attempted 4.6 2pt attempts per game.

He’s averaging 8.1 points per game.

He might end up getting a deep tournament run or even final four out of the deal, which would be great for him. If he was looking for an expanded role, he hasn’t gotten it. I’d absolutely take him on Iowa right now, you can never have enough shooters, but I think it’s fair to say it’s possible CJF would have cut into his minutes.
Yeah I figured he wouldn't start there and play 15-20 mins tops. He was always going to have a larger role here. But he wanted a new beginning or whatever. Hard telling what all his reasons were. But yeah more PT and a larger role obviously weren't factors. He should have known going to Kansas he wasn't getting that.

Yeah I figured he wouldn't start there and play 15-20 mins tops. He was always going to have a larger role here. But he wanted a new beginning or whatever. Hard telling what all his reasons were. But yeah more PT and a larger role obviously weren't factors. He should have known going to Kansas he wasn't getting that.

Um, he's averaging 23 min which is 5th on the team. He's not the overall rounded player on that team because he has a definite role on that team and is the reason they brought him in, to fill a specific need, which is a perimeter shooter. This is why he shoots more 3's than anything. It's not his fault as he's just doing his role. He's not asked to drive to shoot or dish. Kansas had a more complete roster.

https://kuathletics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/201920-MBB-SeasonBook12.10.19.pdf

So at this pace, he'll be 10-23 next year and 12-20 his Sr year. I'll take it!!!

Tonight's game will come down to shooting. ISU doesn't have anyone who can stop Garza so hopefully Bohannon/CJ/Wieskamp can shoot better than they did at Michigan.

Tonight's game will come down to shooting. ISU doesn't have anyone who can stop Garza so hopefully Bohannon/CJ/Wieskamp can shoot better than they did at Michigan.

I actually think Conditt and Garza will be a very interesting matchup tonight. Conditt is quite athletic so wondering if he can neutralize Garza, or, can Garza get Conditt into foul trouble. Game might come down to that matchup, IMO.

Doesn't seem like much of a difference but for CMAC to go from 21% to 31% isn't insignificant. As badly as he was clanking them last year, that 10% increase seems like a win.

Doesn't seem like much of a difference but for CMAC to go from 21% to 31% isn't insignificant. As badly as he was clanking them last year, that 10% increase seems like a win.

Everyone neglects the fact that he went through a similar improvement in high school too with 10% gains between years. He's just finding his place. Right now, his shooting is in line with Gessel and Clemmons which combined with his passing is pretty solid.

He is doing enough to keep them honest so far. We will see if it keeps up.

Especially since a decent amount of his misses are jack up buzzer beaters. He's made 2 of those also if I'm remembering right.

Latest posts