This team is a tough sell for me...

I hadn't even considered Peyton leaving... Maybe I should've. I mean he's having a rough rough yr so far. He may want to drop down a level and see if he could have more fun. And yeah you're right his little bro is probably a packaged deal.

Peytons follow through on his jumper isn't how one is taught to do it. He has his hand and wrist pointed to the right on it. Normally one wants their elbow wrist and index finger all pointed at the front of the rim. It's an unorthodox looking shot the more I watch of him. It's tough to be consistent I would think with it.
I noticed the same thing with his follow thru. His follow thru is way to the right. I would think when one's mechanics are suspect it doesn't take much to get into a funk.

I hadn't even considered Peyton leaving... Maybe I should've. I mean he's having a rough rough yr so far. He may want to drop down a level and see if he could have more fun. And yeah you're right his little bro is probably a packaged deal.

Peytons follow through on his jumper isn't how one is taught to do it. He has his hand and wrist pointed to the right on it. Normally one wants their elbow wrist and index finger all pointed at the front of the rim. It's an unorthodox looking shot the more I watch of him. It's tough to be consistent I would think with it.

CM has an unorthodox shot as well. He's got his R foot back and his trunk kind of faces to the right.

Many players have an unorthodox shot and it gets too late to try to correct it so they just roll with it. It's hard to correct on 19-23 year olds as they've been doing it since 3rd grade.

CM has an unorthodox shot as well. He's got his R foot back and his trunk kind of faces to the right.

Many players have an unorthodox shot and it gets too late to try to correct it so they just roll with it. It's hard to correct on 19-23 year olds as they've been doing it since 3rd grade.
Don't think it's not too late. Just isn't done. For some it's not an issue. Will never understand a son of a coach having bad form.

Yeah and I've seen others kinda do that too. They try and line up their front foot so their knee hip elbow are all aimed at the rim with their opposite hip at a half turn angled out. It's more prevalent when he's at the FT line but he does it when he's shooting outside too. How one is lined up I don't think is as big of a deal so long as they are consistent with their motion and release point.

And as far as his motion goes he's gotten smoother with it then it used to be. For a couple yrs he had a hitch to it almost. And those are a shooters worst enemy because there's no being consistent with that. You want it to be one quick fluid motion.

I've never really paid too close attention to him in warmups before. I'd be curious to watch how he trains and see it. I have a feeling he's way smoother with it in practice then in games. But I'm just guessing with that

Yeah and I've seen others kinda do that too. They try and line up their front foot so their knee hip elbow are all aimed at the rim with their opposite hip at a half turn angled out. It's more prevalent when he's at the FT line but he does it when he's shooting outside too. How one is lined up I don't think is as big of a deal so long as they are consistent with their motion and release point.

And as far as his motion goes he's gotten smoother with it then it used to be. For a couple yrs he had a hitch to it almost. And those are a shooters worst enemy because there's no being consistent with that. You want it to be one quick fluid motion.

I'm not sure Sandfort gets the best straight backspin on the ball which is so important for outside shooters. He seems to shoot a more knuckleball rotation, I think.

Backspin really helps. This to your point on correct shooting technique.

I think the Murry brothers actually have a great looking outside shot. Nice and smooth and consistent.

I'm not sure Sandfort gets the best straight backspin on the ball which is so important for outside shooters. He seems to shoot a more knuckleball rotation, I think.

I think the Murry brothers actually have a great looking outside shot. Nice and smooth and consistent.
Exactly. When you flip your wrist straight forward towards the rim you'll get that better then if you're angling your wrist and hand out to the side. It all adds up to the results being what they are.

I really like Kris's shot. It's very smooth. It almost looks effortless. Keegans seems more robotic for lack of a better word but he's so consistent with it. And again to repeat myself that consistency of it being the same all the time is the trick.

Does Iowa have a coach who is the "shooting coach" ?
Gary Close was that guy for Mr. Davis and then for Bo Ryan at Wis

We better be ready to go Sunday. Rutgers may be the best defensive team in the league, they suffered no letdown from their big Purdue win in handling Maryland, and our game vs them in New Jersey last year had the flow of a brontosaurus in a tar pit. Remember it was played in the forties or thereabouts?

We better be ready to go Sunday. Rutgers may be the best defensive team in the league, they suffered no letdown from their big Purdue win in handling Maryland, and our game vs them in New Jersey last year had the flow of a brontosaurus in a tar pit. Remember it was played in the forties or thereabouts?

They can afford to lose to Rutgers on Sunday. What can't happen is losing any of the next 3 at home against Maryland, Michigan and Northwestern. They have to figure out a way to avoid these dogshit starts which seem to happen every game.

I dunno- I feel like Rutgers is the game we gotta steal to make up for the Wisky loss. And yeah, we cannot start by clanking 9 out of 10 shots...........

I dunno- I feel like Rutgers is the game we gotta steal to make up for the Wisky loss. And yeah, we cannot start by clanking 9 out of 10 shots...........

A Quad 1 loss on the road they can survive that if they don't get their doors blown off. The next 3 against Maryland, Michigan and NW at home are the ones they have to get.

A Quad 1 loss on the road they can survive that if they don't get their doors blown off. The next 3 against Maryland, Michigan and NW at home are the ones they have to get.
Gonna get the doors blown off

I dunno but I'm having a tough time getting into this years team. They are so Kris Murray dependent. Feels like a one man team. Rebracca is ok but he doesn't move the needle. PM is way too inconsistent. Same with TP. He's had a couple good games but he's had some bad ones too. We just have too many guys that aren't able to do what their roles are like Sandfort and Ulis that just blows up everything they need to have done to be successful against good teams. Hell even against bad teams too for that matter now. It feels like they are a just one more bad loss away from having their confidence blown and this season going down the toilet.
Big win today my friend. Go figure

Latest posts