This is why players opt out of meaningless bowl games

Yep. What those measurables don't show is things like route running. Instead of speed, he's an incredible route runner which gives him separation. I think he'll be fine. I guess I'll have to cheer for him since my Browns took him. Hope we play Iowa every week.
Sticking with the Browns huh? I dropped them after the Watson deal.

Sticking with the Browns huh? I dropped them after the Watson deal.
I loved the deal. Have to have a franchise QB. We've lost a lot of games in the past 22 years with nice guys and Johnny Manziel. If having bad people makes us win, I'm fine with it. I completely understand others that don't agree with me, but I would also say that they wouldn't be able to have a favorite team. For people talking about the allegations (where not indictable) makes them fit in the AFC North. Ones we know about:

Ravens--Ray Rice, Ray Lewis
Bengals--Joe Mixon, Pac-Man Jones, Chris Henry
Steelers--Ben Rapistberger, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Brown

I loved the deal. Have to have a franchise QB. We've lost a lot of games in the past 22 years with nice guys and Johnny Manziel. If having bad people makes us win, I'm fine with it. I completely understand others that don't agree with me, but I would also say that they wouldn't be able to have a favorite team. For people talking about the allegations (where not indictable) makes them fit in the AFC North. Ones we know about:

I thought the Bengals had a guy who killed someone in a car going 100+ mph as well and he got 50 hours of community service or some similar nonsense. And there was a LOT of smoke around some Bengals team of the past gang raping some woman as well.

Roethlisberger was never ever ever found guilty of ANY crime stemming from the allegations regarding the trip he took his date on to the restroom, aka the "Roethlisberger Suite." So take his name out of your mouth, bud. But let us not forget about the case of Plaxico, a former Steeler, who shot himself with a loosely holstered illegal firearm. And who can forget the case of former Steeler and Raven Bam Morris? Though he only had weed, he got busted twice with copious amounts of weed, including one time where he pleaded guilty to trafficking over 100 kilos. You have to really F up to get a federal indictment over weed.

I haven't watched an NFL regular season game in years and my interest is pretty much limited to the latter rounds of the playoffs and to see how the Hawks in the league fare. But to watch the game at all and then claim some sort of moral indignation over one guy when the league is rife with criminal behavior is a helluva stretch. "Well sure I still watched after Rae Carruth murdered his pregnant girlfriend, but DeShaun seeking a happy ending is just a bridge too far for this fan." It's laughable.

Yeah, opt out of everything for a big paycheck. That's all that matters, right?

I love Iowa football, but if my son was a player on the team and consensus first round pick I would absolutely tell him to sit out the Music City Bowl and get his damned money. If you want to watch a collegiate sport that hasn't been perverted by professional money I suggest you start watching wrestling.

Steelers--Ben Rapistberger, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Br

Ray Rice is the only one convicted of anything on your list.

Ray Rice is the only one convicted of anything on your list.
Technically, yes. All of the rest took pleas except Roethlisberger. He was accused of sexual assault but there wasn't enough evidence to bring the case to trial...like Watson.

Either way, I'm not going to stop cheering for them because he's a jerk and a lowlife. I respect those that choose not to cheer for them because it's a terrible thing he's accused of doing and even though he hasn't even been indicted on any of the charges, where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

I thought the Bengals had a guy who killed someone in a car going 100+ mph as well and he got 50 hours of community service or some similar nonsense. And there was a LOT of smoke around some Bengals team of the past gang raping some woman as well.

Roethlisberger was never ever ever found guilty of ANY crime stemming from the allegations regarding the trip he took his date on to the restroom, aka the "Roethlisberger Suite." So take his name out of your mouth, bud. But let us not forget about the case of Plaxico, a former Steeler, who shot himself with a loosely holstered illegal firearm. And who can forget the case of former Steeler and Raven Bam Morris? Though he only had weed, he got busted twice with copious amounts of weed, including one time where he pleaded guilty to trafficking over 100 kilos. You have to really F up to get a federal indictment over weed.

I haven't watched an NFL regular season game in years and my interest is pretty much limited to the latter rounds of the playoffs and to see how the Hawks in the league fare. But to watch the game at all and then claim some sort of moral indignation over one guy when the league is rife with criminal behavior is a helluva stretch. "Well sure I still watched after Rae Carruth murdered his pregnant girlfriend, but DeShaun seeking a happy ending is just a bridge too far for this fan." It's laughable.

When it comes to trafficking weed… Nate Newton has Bam Morris beat.

There's way too much emphasis put on the 40. Don't get me wrong, there are obviously "speed guys" out there, but there are plenty of guys who run slow 40s but who have great football speed. The 40 doesn't test football speed. Nothing at the combine does. I want to see how a guy runs in full pads with 4 minutes left in the game and gets bumped on the line, not when he's rested, wearing workout gear and has totally perfect conditions. And based on what I've seen, David Bell has football speed.

Cooper Kupp

Ran a 4.6 40. iirc, he won the triple crown this year (catches, yards and TDS) and was the Super Bowl MVP.

I love Iowa football, but if my son was a player on the team and consensus first round pick I would absolutely tell him to sit out the Music City Bowl and get his damned money. If you want to watch a collegiate sport that hasn't been perverted by professional money I suggest you start watching wrestling.
That I am, Iowa wrestling is awesome.

Good, I'll watch more wrestling then.