This is the last year on the UNI - Iowa contract

I have no idea what the OP meant. It just shows you how ridiculous the basketball program has become when people are talking about eliminating a mid major team that beats you with some regularity.

The UNI - Iowa series has ended, there is no contract right now from here out.
It will be interesting to see what happens, especially considering the way things shook down last night.

Anybody want to hazard a guess about how many of our Big Ten brethren play home and home series with directional schools within their state?

None.

Iowa and ISU relationship with Drake and UNI is very unique and only benefits Drake and UNI.

I don't think we should cancel the series but with increasing conference games it will be harder to schedule away games. I think if UNI and Drake want to come here every year that would be fine.

That would be a shame because even though we lost that game last night it was fun and I think games like this prepares them for playing on the road in the Big Ten.

As I said in another thread, I would like to see the 4 state schools go to a 4 team tournament each year. that would be fun fir the fans I think.

We still have a road game with ISU and the Big Ten ACC challenge. If needed you always schedule a home and home with a Big East or Big 12 school.

I just want to say that I posted a thread on this subject a few minutes ago. I should've read through this one first. This seems like the logical group of thinkers on this site.

For the people who want to cancel it, they are just flat out dumb. It is great for both teams, a great atmosphere leading up to conference schedules for both of us, and a great chance to beat someone who should be in the tournament routinely.

If the contract doesn't get renewed, it will be a loss for both schools.

That being said....Iowa sucks :)

Anybody want to hazard a guess about how many of our Big Ten brethren play home and home series with directional schools within their state?

None.

Iowa and ISU relationship with Drake and UNI is very unique and only benefits Drake and UNI.

I don't think we should cancel the series but with increasing conference games it will be harder to schedule away games. I think if UNI and Drake want to come here every year that would be fine.

This guy gets it...

As I said in another thread, I would like to see the 4 state schools go to a 4 team tournament each year. that would be fun fir the fans I think.

I am in this camp. It would be fun regardless of how up or down the various teams are. If you have ever attended The Big Five in Philly..........that is the best of this type of tournament in my opinion. Those teams go at it like their season depends on it. Throughout the history of the tournament various teams have had their turn being the one who is on the upswing..........it's the nature of sports.
Don't run from your natural rivals, embrace and engage them.

I am in this camp. It would be fun regardless of how up or down the various teams are. If you have ever attended The Big Five in Philly..........that is the best of this type of tournament in my opinion. Those teams go at it like their season depends on it. Throughout the history of the tournament various teams have had their turn being the one who is on the upswing..........it's the nature of sports.
Don't run from your natural rivals, embrace and engage them.

This would be cool. They all play each other in one city, the same weekend. I'm down.

I just want to say that I posted a thread on this subject a few minutes ago. I should've read through this one first. This seems like the logical group of thinkers on this site.

For the people who want to cancel it, they are just flat out dumb. It is great for both teams, a great atmosphere leading up to conference schedules for both of us, and a great chance to beat someone who should be in the tournament routinely.

If the contract doesn't get renewed, it will be a loss for both schools.

That being said....Iowa sucks :)

Here is a piece of advice. If you have to come onto other teams message boards and explain to us how the game benefits us (note I am not saying UNI or the "state of Iowa") well than it probably doesn't. Replacing the home and home with UNI and Drake with a home and home with a Big 12 team would be more beneficial to us. This is especially true with decreasing nonconference games next year. The way we got homered by the refs was the cherry on top of that.

Here is a piece of advice. If you have to come onto other teams message boards and explain to us how the game benefits us (note I am not saying UNI or the "state of Iowa") well than it probably doesn't. Replacing the home and home with UNI and Drake with a home and home with a Big 12 team would be more beneficial to us. This is especially true with decreasing nonconference games next year. The way we got homered by the refs was the cherry on top of that.

Depending on the Big 12 team...if you can go out and get Texas, be my guest. I would totally agree with you.

...if you are talking about Texas Tech, Iowa State, Oklahoma, K State...probably not.

Depending on the Big 12 team...if you can go out and get Texas, be my guest. I would totally agree with you.

...if you are talking about Texas Tech, Iowa State, Oklahoma, K State...probably not.

You'll find out how little those RPI numbers actually matter when UNI gets left out of the dance this year even though they're in the top 60. After Creighton thumps them and wins the conference, it's going to happen.

On a year to year basis it would make complete sense from our perspective. Getting one of those teams to play us would put a lot more buts in our seats than playing UNI. Plus the game would probably be picked up nationally rather than the UNI TV network

I can only speak for ISU but if ISU discontinues the series with UNI I would like it to come after a string of ISU wins and not a string of ISU losses to UNI. It benefits UNI much more but I don't want to be any part of running away from a team after getting beat.

a two game invitational in the Well with UNI, ISU, Drake and Iowa makes good sense,
open up another game for someone like UCLA or a Big East school
that'd be my choice
as for future schedule i am quite certain that Fran will ramp up the OOC schedule
this team is not ready for the type of schedule people clamor for
this team needs to start winning on a cosistant basis

we should start winning road games versus good teams that live right up the road first. UCLA?? LMAO

Rick Brown of the DMR is on Murph/Andy right now talking about this series and big changes coming.

Starting next year Iowa V Drake followed by ISU v UNI on same day/night at the Well. Then ISU v Iowa once a year on a rotating basis. So no more Iowa at UNI or Drake, and no more ISU at UNI or Drake

Kind of hard to explain but Iowa will only play UNI and Drake at the Well and that will alternate from year to year.