This is the #12 ranked team in the country?

Baylor doesn't need a defense with all of that offense. That's why they're in the top 25. THEIR OFFENSE. Some teams have defense, some offense, and many more have both. Just because your defense sucks doesn't mean you can't be ranked. Idiots

News flash...you aren't in the little 12 anymore, so you can stop defending that weak arse conference:rolleyes:

Funniest thing was when the color guy said, "these guys have no idea what they are doing" talking about the BU defense.

Never heard it stated so plainly and true. Now, apart from that, the P12 needs to get their act together. All that population and they can only get about two good teams a season. Cal, UW, Oregon, USC, and Zona should always be really good. UCLA is hampered by playing an hour away from their school and Stanford has a crappy stadium, but they should each be able to put together an Iowa or MSU type of program, and not disappear for a decades at a time.

Baylor doesn't need a defense with all of that offense. That's why they're in the top 25. THEIR OFFENSE. Some teams have defense, some offense, and many more have both. Just because your defense sucks doesn't mean you can't be ranked. Idiots

Yikes Fredhead.

Baylor had one of the worst defenses in the Big 12. This is not entirely unexpected. That being said, LOL at people thinking this means Iowa will somehow light up OU. You got to be kidding me. Washington has something called actual weapons on offense, and more importantly, a coach in Sarkisian that actually tries to run an O that scores points, and not just limit possesions.

Iowa has about 45% of their offense this year sitting in IC. Iowa is not scoring 50 on anyone.

Is it me, or was this game sh!t to watch? I found myself in the 2nd half surfing the web, and I would just look up when they scored a TD. No real reason to watch it, all you had to do is look up and watch the replay of the 45 yd. scoring play.

I'll take a 24-21 game with hard hitting, good special teams, execution on the defensive side of the ball as well as the offense any day of the week.

Baylor had the 2nd worst defense in the Big 12...and that may have only been because Kansas was also in the league. :D

Anyone who didn't expect a track meet last night wasn't paying attention this year. Baylor was 2-2 in games this where they allowed 600+ yards. I don't think I've ever heard of such a goofy stat before. In games the defense held opponents under 500 yards they went 6-1. Fumbles cost them against K-State. Baylor had the best offense in the Big 12 by a large margin. 2nd best rushing and passing attacks.

Baylor defense averages 37 a game and 488 yards. Bad defense
Texas defense averages 22 a game and 306 yards. Good defense
Mizzou defense averages 23 a game and 380 yards.

Washington exceeded Baylors defensive totals by a lot last night. News-flash, Baylor exceeded their regular totals as well by 190 yards and 20 points.

Other Big 12 bowl games with teams that can play some defense.
North Carolina averaged 28 a game and 393 yards. They got 24 and 353 vs Mizzou. Pretty similar to Mizzou's season average.

California averaged 28 a game and 401 a game. They got 10 and 195. Much better than Texas' season average.

Baylor merely did what they did all season long and relied on the offense win the game.

Its fun to watch. Better than watching 18-14 FSU vs ND

I preferred the Florida State-Notre Dame game. The big plays in that game (and there were some awesome ones) actually meant something. The Alamo Bowl game was interesting in the way watching a car crash is interesting-- you just can't believe the defenses can be that bad. I know Baylor has great offensive players, but that's no explanation for why their running backs weren't even getting touched on 40+ yard runs up the middle in obvious running situations. Spielman said it well-- just terrible, terrible defense.

Funniest thing was when the color guy said, "these guys have no idea what they are doing" talking about the BU defense.

Never heard it stated so plainly and true. Now, apart from that, the P12 needs to get their act together. All that population and they can only get about two good teams a season. Cal, UW, Oregon, USC, and Zona should always be really good. UCLA is hampered by playing an hour away from their school and Stanford has a crappy stadium, but they should each be able to put together an Iowa or MSU type of program, and not disappear for a decades at a time.

Given their resources, UCLA is arguably one of the biggest underachievers in D-I football.

Latest posts