This Game Brings This State Together

BigRedPowrWagon

I have noticed more then ever this year how big this game has been hyped up. Hell im even going to watch it for the 1st time. All over i see nothing but iowa and iowa state streamers and flyers. Flags and banners, t shirts and sports bras.

I thought that this rivalry would be dead and no one would want it but ive got to tell ya, i think the state of iowa loves it. Even though Iowa dominates the series, just the sales alone for venders and bars. Restaurants and college towns is stupendous.

You got to love the passion of the Iowa State fan. They know they suck as many will admit but thell still scream there drunken heads off if they score today.

Good luck to both teams today and everyone drive safe to and from the game.

The better game will be next year when Iowa and Nebraska play. Now that is a game my NE friend and I are looking forward to!

As one poster put it..."The sound you hear in the background is Iowa State becoming irrelevant!"

If anybody that lives in Iowa truly believes that Iowa v Nebraska game will be a bigger rivalry....well they are an idiot. There is 100X more ISU fans in this state. Hawk fans work with Cyclone fans. Cyclone fans work with Hawk fans. Not many Nebraska fans. Nebraska may be a bigger game on a national scale but not even close in Iowa. Not even close

in a nebraska iowa matchup, who does iowa state root for?

just like the other 364 days of the year you won't care what an iowa state fan thinks. honestly, though, thats a good question. i would have to think they would root for the hawks, at least a lot of the players will be from iowa. just like know i would usually rather see the clowns beat nebraska.

If anybody that lives in Iowa truly believes that Iowa v Nebraska game will be a bigger rivalry....well they are an idiot. There are 100X more ISU fans in this state. Hawk fans work with Cyclone fans. Cyclone fans work with Hawk fans. Not many Nebraska fans. Nebraska may be a bigger game on a national scale but not even close in Iowa. Not even close

Count me in as one of the idiots.

Fixed that for ya kettle.

Count me in as one of the idiots.

Fixed that for ya kettle.

Yep you are. You must not get out much. Go around the state this week. I was at 2 golf events and everybody is wearing ISU or Iowa clothes and talking about the game. It's huge. It won't be remotely close to that when it's Nebraska.

If anybody that lives in Iowa truly believes that Iowa v Nebraska game will be a bigger rivalry....well they are an idiot. There is 100X more ISU fans in this state. Hawk fans work with Cyclone fans. Cyclone fans work with Hawk fans. Not many Nebraska fans. Nebraska may be a bigger game on a national scale but not even close in Iowa. Not even close

Well then CLOWN17, you can just call us all idiots, because Iowa v. Nebby haven't even played, and it's a bigger rivalry already. Sorry, ISu has just become that much more irrelevant.

Well then CLOWN17, you can just call us all idiots, because Iowa v. Nebby haven't even played, and it's a bigger rivalry already. Sorry, ISu has just become that much more irrelevant.

It is? Really? How so?

How is it a rivalry when Iowa hasn't beaten Nebraska since 1981. Last 3 games the average score is 42-9. It's not a rivalry yet and will never be bigger IN THIS STATE than the Iowa vs ISU game. Nationally it will get more pub without a doubt. But not in Iowa.

Go to work. I know most you Hawk fans don't have real jobs so this is hard to understand but when you go to work....all the talk is ISU v Iowa. That won't chance.

It is? Really? How so?

How is it a rivalry when Iowa hasn't beaten Nebraska since 1981. Last 3 games the average score is 42-9. It's not a rivalry yet and will never be bigger IN THIS STATE than the Iowa vs ISU game. Nationally it will get more pub without a doubt. But not in Iowa.

Go to work. I know most you Hawk fans don't have real jobs so this is hard to understand but when you go to work....all the talk is ISU v Iowa. That won't chance.

The fact that ISU is getting upset about the possibility proves that it's more of a reality. It's okay......little bros. hang on tight when the big boys find new friends.

The fact that ISU is getting upset about the possibility proves that it's more of a reality. It's okay......little bros. hang on tight when the big boys find new friends.

Upset? No. Logic of the state and way people think in this state? Yes

And you never answered the question. How is it a bigger rivalry ALREADY? Haha please tell me

And you never answered the question. How is it a bigger rivalry ALREADY? Haha please tell me

They haven't played YET. But most Iowa fans can agree it IS a rivalry since the B10 divisions were announced. Obviously you have to play the games, but I'll wager most hawk fans would agree its going to be a bigger rivalry.

They haven't played YET. But most Iowa fans can agree it IS a rivalry since the B10 divisions were announced. Obviously you have to play the games, but I'll wager most hawk fans would agree its going to be a bigger rivalry.

On a national scale yes? For a conference game it means more...yes

But to people that live in the state. The Iowa vs ISU game is and will always be the most looked forward to game.

On a national scale yes? For a conference game it means more...yes

But to people that live in the state. The Iowa vs ISU game is and will always be the most looked forward to game.

No, no, no. Iowa fans will NOT look to ISU as the biggest rivalry game. ISU fans might, but it won't be reciprocated. That's my point. If IOWA fans say that Nebby v. Iowa is bigger, then it's case closed.

No, no, no. Iowa fans will NOT look to ISU as the biggest rivalry game. ISU fans might, but it won't be reciprocated. That's my point. If IOWA fans say that Nebby v. Iowa is bigger, then it's case closed.

ISU fans say that they care more about the Nebraska game this year than the Iowa game. They are lying

Iowa fans are now saying the same thing. They are lying.

You don't want to give your in state rival any credit or don't want them to know that you truly do care about beating them. But like I said when you work with ISU fans, have family/friends that are ISU fans. You want to beat them more than Nebraska when you really don't know to many Nebraska fans that will give you a hard time when they beat you

ISU fans say that they care more about the Nebraska game this year than the Iowa game. They are lying

Iowa fans are now saying the same thing. They are lying.

You don't want to give your in state rival any credit or don't want them to know that you truly do care about beating them. But like I said when you work with ISU fans, have family/friends that are ISU fans. You want to beat them more than Nebraska when you really don't know to many Nebraska fans that will give you a hard time when they beat you

As an ISU fan YOU don't get to make the choice for Iowa fans on who is their rival. This is a battle you will lose.

As an ISU fan YOU don't get to make the choice for Iowa fans on who is their rival. This is a battle you will lose.

I know I don't get to chose. And Iowa fans on a message board will say Nebraska but they will be lying. When they leave their computer. Go out to the real world and are dealing with real life people it will not be Nebraska. They know more ISU fans and want to beat them more so they don't have to hear the trash talk after a loss

Latest posts