Things better than the Pinstripe Bowl

LV9sLcB.gif
What the heck is this???

I finally came up with one. The amount of bitching and moaning about Iowa being in the Pinstripe Bowl. We're all pretty good at it. I have no interest in sitting in Yankee Stadium in 30 degree weather watching the game, but it doesn't mean I don't want them to beat BC. I'm pretty sure that the game will go forward despite the lack of excitement that seems to exist from the Iowa fan side, so they might as well win it. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I think the seniors don't want to go out being 0-fer in their bowl games. I anticipate a good effort from the team, we should support that effort.

Horrible articles in the DM Register this morning about things to do associated with the bowl games. The Pinstripe Bowl article was about things to do in the Bronx. No thanks. And the Liberty Bowl article didn't even mention Beale Street. Huh? I think the author just Googled "things to do within 2 miles of ____."

It's not surprising that a bunch of hicks can't understand the allure of New York City.

To me, it has nothing to do with NYC. Spent a lot of time there and absolutely love it. That being said, I have no desire to go to or maybe even watch this team play in some shit bowl, no matter where it is being played.

The Foster Farms bowl, which is where I would've rather gone. I was hoping to meet CJB at the game.

To me, it has nothing to do with NYC. Spent a lot of time there and absolutely love it. That being said, I have no desire to go to or maybe even watch this team play in some shit bowl, no matter where it is being played.
This is me. I travel to Jersey City / NYC frequently for work. I love it when the weather is nice and I'm not intimidated by going into the city in the least. I'm not going because I'm not going to spend another dime on this athletic department until I get SOME sense that they care about anything more than mediocrity. I will put the money aside for our cruise in March or take a weekend to go to Vegas and see some shows. Not to the ticket office.

Latest posts