"They're training through this weekend..."

I said it in another thread. The only excuse for the guys looking so tired and just down right bad is the fact that Brands is killing them before Nationals. It makes sense. Nobody holds National Duals in high regards.

I said it in another thread. The only excuse for the guys looking so tired and just down right bad is the fact that Brands is killing them before Nationals. It makes sense. Nobody holds National Duals in high regards.

no it doesn't make sense. The only time you 'train through' a dual is when you face a far inferior opponent to which you can afford to be a little sluggish. there is no way they tried to train through national duals when they could've faced any combination of cornell, minn, okie state, ohio state, mizzou, etc.
The seeds are too important whether you hold national duals in high regards or not. like the OP said, people say 'training through' as an excuse most time they wrestle poorly.

Yeah, this excuse is getting old. With that said, I have a hard time believing anyone is trying to peak this far out from nationals. I think everyone was on the same page "training through" wise for this.

Is it me or do these guys look tired? Ramos is the only one who looks aggressive the entire match, and he didn't wrestle against Mizzu. Luckily this weekend is the end of the dual season grind and they can now focus on B1G's and NCAA. A couple days off could probably go a long way right now. What are your thoughts?

no it doesn't make sense. The only time you 'train through' a dual is when you face a far inferior opponent to which you can afford to be a little sluggish. there is no way they tried to train through national duals when they could've faced any combination of cornell, minn, okie state, ohio state, mizzou, etc.
The seeds are too important whether you hold national duals in high regards or not. like the OP said, people say 'training through' as an excuse most time they wrestle poorly.

Agree....this excuse is getting very old. It was simply a bad weekend of wrestling for the Hawks. Need to get back to the basics starting with initiating and finishing takedowns.

My question would be, do we have a legitimate excuse, or have other programs simply caught up with us?

Unfortunately yes they have. We don't seem to have much luck with our blue chip recruits like the Moore's, Dweiza, Stony, Telford. Who else am I missing? We are also comparing to the Gable years too which will never be equaled.

like the choice any specific reason?

I put the picture up when I first heard about them removing wrestling from the Olympics. It just seemed...fitting.

I pick Abas because it's the first time I saw a wrestler leave his shoes on the mat to say goodbye. One of those things that drew me deeper into the sport.

I put the picture up when I first heard about them removing wrestling from the Olympics. It just seemed...fitting.

I pick Abas because it's the first time I saw a wrestler leave his shoes on the mat to say goodbye. One of those things that drew me deeper into the sport.

good to hear

saw you were from waukee...they are making big strides at the high school level