These pop up ads are annoying

stlrnhwk

And the newest one, "tervis tumbler" an "ad by google" pulls up over the forum list and doesn't have a close button, you can't click on the 3 forums between For Fun Wagers and Hawkeye Recruiting unless you find a thread on the main page and click "add new thread"

I could read half of what you said in this post because..I COULDN"T SEE IT. What is up? Thanks for he help though :)

I do not believe we have pop up ads installed. There are sites when you exit, there is one more ad thrown your way.

Having said that, that does not rule out we include pop up ads in the future

I do not believe we have pop up ads installed. There are sites when you exit, there is one more ad thrown your way.

Having said that, that does not rule out we include pop up ads in the future

Pop-ups are from satan Jon......don't do that plz!

Maybe popup isn't the right term. It's more of a static ad that sticks right over the forum list, and doesn't move even if you scroll up and down, it still covers the forum list. It has to be tied to this site, it doesn't pull up on any other website i've been on.

just makes it more difficult to navigate

hn.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe popup isn't the right term. It's more of a static ad that sticks right over the forum list, and doesn't move even if you scroll up and down, it still covers the forum list. It has to be tied to this site, it doesn't pull up on any other website i've been on.

I am not experiencing anything that covers up the forum list. We placed a new google banner ad above the forum list. I am on a Mac lap top right now that is only a 15" screen.

Sorry Jon i'm a little slow on the posting a picture and then linking it, i've posted above to show you what i mean.

If that is all the bigger your screen is, do you have to scroll to the right to see posts and things like that? If so, your settings are peculiar

stlrnhwk - I'm the web developer for HawkeyeNation.com. I have a few questions. How big is your monitor? What resolution are you using? What version of browsers are you using?

Thanks

hn.jpg

Upgrade your browser. Internet Explorer 6 is old.

If you have IE 6 as stormin said, yes, that is an issue, and one on your end. We can't build the site to conform to all past versions of browers. We must assume that people are using the latest options and upgrades available to them and build the site based on those settings

Guys,
I am having the same problem today. It has never done this before.

In fact, as I'm typing this, I cannot see part of what I typed because the ad is in the way.

It's in the same spot everytime; just as that screen shot showed. It's out of place for some reason.

Guys,
I am having the same problem today. It has never done this before.

In fact, as I'm typing this, I cannot see part of what I typed because the ad is in the way.

It's in the same spot everytime; just as that screen shot showed. It's out of place for some reason.

I have the same problem today. It looks like the "tervis tumbler" ad and the 'Third Base" ad do not fit on the same line together, thus pushing the "tervis tumbler" ad down in front of the content.

Latest posts