There’s no question...

SpiderRico

...this team has officially quit.

But why? That’s what I don’t get...

We were a 21 win team coming off a thrilling OT victory against Indiana and gunning for a double bye in the BTT and then just packed it in?

Makes no damn sense!

We were a 21 win team coming off a thrilling OT victory against Indiana and gunning for a double bye in the BTT and then just packed it in?

Makes no damn sense!

Garza lost his confidence awhile back and never got it back. Moss is the worst 2 guard in the conference (country?) and he lost all confidence. Cook lost his confidence awhile back. When you play a bunch of guys with no confidence at all, this is what you get.

I don’t understand it either. They were having one of the best seasons ever (record-wise) in Iowa men’s BB history, and they flat out quit. If they lose out, I honestly don’t think they will make the NCAA tournament.

Don’t these players have any pride? It appears they don’t care.

There is something wrong with this program. This isn’t the first time this has happened. It is all on Fran IMO.

I don’t understand it either. They were having one of the best seasons ever (record-wise) in Iowa men’s BB history, and they flat out quit. If they lose out, I honestly don’t think they will make the NCAA tournament.

Don’t these players have any pride? It appears they don’t care.

There is something wrong with this program. This isn’t the first time this has happened. It is all on Fran IMO.

It is all on Fran...the players have changed over the years, but the late season results remain the same.

30 For 30 Bob Knight

Crazy Bobby lost his teams down the stretch many a year, players grew tired of the lunacy.

How many programs in the nation during the stretch run had to suspend their coach two games for emotional instability?

Fran’s teams fold when the chips are on the line, teams are a reflection of their coach.

Is Fran the best Iowa can do?

The King Kong distraction was the beginning. The hot head foul mouth head coach loses it and gets suspended for two games. But before that the Northwestern comeback game was the first clue that the team was close to peaking and then miracle Weiskamp shot at Rutgers saved a probable loss. Follow that up with a narrow loss to Maryland at home and the signs were there that the team had peaked. Other than the Michigan win Iowa has not beat any B1G team with a winning conference record.

Tonight's Wisconsin game was a coaching disaster. Total collapse because of bad substitutions.

I agree, Fran is immature and pouts. The loss where he yelled at the official is on the team and him for not playing well enough to win. What message do you send to your players by calling an official a cheat? He should save that energy to try to improve his team

30 For 30 Bob Knight

Crazy Bobby lost his teams down the stretch many a year, players grew tired of the lunacy.

How many programs in the nation during the stretch run had to suspend their coach two games for emotional instability?

Fran’s teams fold when the chips are on the line, teams are a reflection of their coach.

Is Fran the best Iowa can do?

<<Is Fran the best Iowa can do?>>

No. But he IS the best Barta can do...

Makes no damn sense!
I don’t know if it’s so much as they quit as they just flat out suck at basketball. Those 3 thriller wins should have been losses but it just so happened that the teams we beat fell apart late in games.

Everybody just needs to come to grips with the fact that this team is really, really bad.

You guys realize that Farta & Fran probably negotiated a new contract/buyout a couple of weeks ago, right? We'll have to wait until Dochterman does a FOIA to get the details.

I’m sure the distractions can be some of it but I think teams just have us scouted. We have too many one dimensional guys.

Chase JBo off the 3.
Make Moss put it on the deck.
Joe is still a freshman. He still isn’t quite quick enough to drive to the lane consistently.
Make Cook face up and not catch it deep on the inside.
Garza is pretty much same as Cook. He can shoot a little better but you’ll still take our chances.

Connor can’t shoot.
Dailey is just ok.
Baer can’t really make plays for you in the half court. He’s either a 3 point shooter or rebound guy.

When we really had things going, we had the inside game working which opened up the 3 pt shots. Cook and Garza aren’t getting the touches inside any more.

I don’t know if it’s so much as they quit as they just flat out suck at basketball. Those 3 thriller wins should have been losses but it just so happened that the teams we beat fell apart late in games.

Everybody just needs to come to grips with the fact that this team is really, really bad.

Every team every year has close games that could go either way. We played hard and with heart all year and then Dolph goes all King Kong and Fran gets suspended and they tank. Never seen anything like that in my life.

It’s almost like the players are protesting via their play...it’s the only answer that makes any sense!

"really, really bad" is pushing it. Right now, yes, but "really, really bad" teams don't win 21 games. But "really, really bad" stuff like suspending broadcasters for stupid shit, coaches going all 8-year-old-brat-ala-Veruca-Salt, and players second-guessing themselves can stop momentum of a team in its tracks. Even a 21-win team.

This team now? It looks like an SCTV sketch.

Latest posts