There goes Fleming

It is disappointing that Fran didn't get Fleming more playing time during the season. In the preconference season their were lots of blowouts that would of allowed him minutes. The first half of the conference season Iowa won most of their games by double digits and he probably didn't play for more that a couple of minutes all season. I enjoyed watching the starters, but I would of liked to see more of the freshmen when the opportunity presented itself. With a little more playing time earlier, the coaching staff might of been able to win some of the games they lost in the second half of the conference season. Williams looked like he was ready to take off in the last few games. I think one of the boring aspects of the coaching staff at Iowa is their unwillingness to showcase some of their younger talent. Their aren't many fans that wouldn't of liked to watch Fleming play when they were secure in the game. If Hutton didn't redshirt it would of been fun to see him play a few minutes. When Iowa has a pretty good lead, the games wouldn't be as boring. I can see where the coaching staff might not want fans reactions if they did play the freshmen some minutes and they did pretty good. Its probably self serving.

Really? The Iowa staff is unwilling to showcase some of their younger talent? So when the crew that just graduated were freshmen... oh, never mind.

Really? The Iowa staff is unwilling to showcase some of their younger talent? So when the crew that just graduated were freshmen... oh, never mind.

C'mon Knight! Don't you get it? Fran isn't willing to give younger guys a chance. I got sick and tired of watching guys like Uhl, Baer, Wagner and Williams/Ellingson play while young guys sat. Wait a minute...

The Ellingson hate is laughable. He still looks like a high school kid. Some guys mature later than others. He's willing to stay and compete and try to improve and earn playing time...at this point anyway.

People are on here mourning the loss of the guys buried at the bottom of the depth chart. None of the projected playing rotations I have done had Hutton or Fleming in the 2 deep. I thought they had a chance to get there. But if they don't think they could it obviously wasn't going to happen.

So now that Gesell and Woody aren't around, BE becomes the whipping boy. A Frosh who played about 5 minutes a game. Good grief.

Ellingson is the one that really needs to go, Fleming and Hutton both I would rather have than him...

How about we stop throwing freshman under the bus, and actually give them some time to develop. Iowa isn't Kentucky, we don't bring in classes that compete for national titles as freshman.

How about we stop throwing freshman under the bus, and actually give them some time to develop. Iowa isn't Kentucky, we don't bring in classes that compete for national titles as freshman.

Two missed in an vital recruiting class, fran better step it up. Hes struggled getting decent guards that are out of state. Clemmons being the best one?

Next year could be ugly. Lots of playing time because of attrition, with Jok as our only major offensive player, and no true point guard or center. BIG will be a meat grinder.

Concerning. That's all I'll say. 2 players in 2 days and neither has been on campus for 12 months. Either mccaffrey is missing or they don't like playing for him. It's not like Iowa has all Americans waiting in the wings for scholarships to open. I like Fran, but there's an issue here.

Next year could be ugly. Lots of playing time because of attrition, with Jok as our only major offensive player, and no true point guard or center. BIG will be a meat grinder.

I still think our rotation will be fine, assuming Jok returns. I didn't see Hutton of Fleming as big time producers next year. Going to need to find a second ball handler though.

1. CW
2. Jok
3. Uhl
4. Jones
5. Cook
6. Wagner
7. Baer
8. Moss
9. Ellingson
10. Bohannon

I think there is enough 3pt shooting and rebounding here to compete. Could still get a transfer as well.

Latest posts