The Unknown is worse than Ferentz

H8IAST8

Im not gonna tell you the 10 reasons why Ferentz is good for Iowa. Rather i will just list 5 of the best programs in history and what happens with coaching changes.

Michigan
Notre Dame
Florida
Nebraska
Tennessee

If the most successful programs in the history of college football can go bowl less and under perform what do you think could happen at Iowa?

1. Michigan: 877-304-38
2. Texas: 845-321-34
3. Notre Dame: 837-291-42
4. Nebraska: 827-341-41
5. Ohio State: 819-308-53
6. Alabama: 813-316-43
7. Penn State 812-351-43
8. Oklahoma: 796-305-53
9. Tennessee: 783-333-55
10. USC: 774-307-54

Sure, absolutely it can happen anywhere. However, Iowa has basically 30+ years of sustained success, a banged out stadium, great facilities and currently getting better and a willingness to pay a head coach nearly 4 million a year. You can't be afraid of the what ifs. Iowa is a program with good tradition and there would be a lot of coaches that would inquire about that job.

Sure, absolutely it can happen anywhere. However, Iowa has basically 30+ years of sustained success, a banged out stadium, great facilities and currently getting better and a willingness to pay a head coach nearly 4 million a year. You can't be afraid of the what ifs. Iowa is a program with good tradition and there would be a lot of coaches that would inquire about that job.

Who do you think would? This has to be answered before a change can even be considered.

Thats what Bowlsby thought when he canned Davis nearly 15 years ago

And what if we hired a coach that takes us to the NC? What if? What if? What if?

Not meant to be mean or anything. I'm just saying that it goes both ways.

Is it likely we hire a church that takes us to the NC in the near future? No.

Is it likely we hire a coach that wins 1 game a season? No.

Great post. actually, best of the night.

There is no way on God's beautiful green earth that Bielema would take the Iowa job now. Anybody that believes that is simply delusional.

So, assuming the anonymous geniuses on this board get their wish, who does Iowa hire? Seriously? Who is a better bet over the next 5 years over Ferentz?

Sure, absolutely it can happen anywhere. However, Iowa has basically 30 years of sustained success, a banged out stadium, great facilities and currently getting better and a willingness to pay a head coach nearly 4 million a year. You can't be afraid of the what ifs. Iowa is a program with good tradition and there would be a lot of coaches that would inquire about that job.
Thats what Bowlsby thought when he canned Davis nearly 15 years ago

And if you remember when Alford was hired he was the top up and coming coach in America. There was a buzz around the program that hadn't been felt since the 80's. With that said its a terrible comparison simply because Iowa was way, way behind on facilities for basketball. It did handcuff Alford from that standpoint. All the money was going towards the football program. Iowa football has tremendous facilities and resources, something Iowa basketball didn't have.

And what if we hired a coach that takes us to the NC? What if? What if? What if?

Not meant to be mean or anything. I'm just saying that it goes both ways.

Is it likely we hire a church that takes us to the NC in the near future? No.

Is it likely we hire a coach that wins 1 game a season? No.

So why make a change?

Great post. actually, best of the night.There is no way on God's beautiful green earth that Bielema would take the Iowa job now. Anybody that believes that is simply delusional.So, assuming the anonymous geniuses on this board get their wish, who does Iowa hire? Seriously? Who is a better bet over the next 5 years over Ferentz?

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I believe its Bielema that has a clause in his contract that gives him an out for Iowa. At least that is what I've heard. I don't know if he would take it and quite frankly I don't know if he'd be the right guy. I don't know who Iowa would get. I know one thing though and that is that Ferentz isn't performing to the level he should.

Jesus, so let's just settle for mediocrity for 8 out of 10 seasons while we hope for a big season here and there. If you don't think we can bring in a coach that wants to coach here for close to $3 mil. a year then you're just stupid.

The bottom line is that Ferentz gets paid way too much for him to make some of the dumbest-*** decisions that he does. The mismanagement of the game clock constantly, running a play-action bootleg in your own end zone, playing for OT in somebody else's place, etc. The list could go on and on.

For what he gets paid, the mistakes can't be there and they need to be shored up, along with some major changes on offense. If you honestly believe that this coaching staff puts the players in the best position to win week-in and week-out then I feel sorry for you because you have no clue.

Jesus, so let's just settle for mediocrity for 8 out of 10 seasons while we hope for a big season here and there. If you don't think we can bring in a coach that wants to coach here for close to $3 mil. a year then you're just stupid.

The bottom line is that Ferentz gets paid way too much for him to make some of the dumbest-*** decisions that he does. The mismanagement of the game clock constantly, running a play-action bootleg in your own end zone, playing for OT in somebody else's place, etc. The list could go on and on.

For what he gets paid, the mistakes can't be there and they need to be shored up, along with some major changes on offense. If you honestly believe that this coaching staff puts the players in the best position to win week-in and week-out then I feel sorry for you because you have no clue.

So now we can pay Ferentz his salary plus another coach 3 million at the same time?

Latest posts