The tech geek in me is pumped...check this out

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
OK, the first screen shot below is the video I posted last year previewing the Michigan State-Iowa game...I shot it in front of a yellow wall at work...natural sunlight the only light source, to my left..no other lighting, and the wall was grainy...no optimal chroma key setting at all...used a flip mino HD.

So I am going to create a green screen room in my house for video production for the site and a few possible other projects...that is like what you see on TV when the weather folks are in front of maps, graphics...its a green or single color background. Sometimes its blue screen. Then they key out the color, and place the images and graphics over the color, and you have the graphic background.

Here is what I did tonight just messing around on my Mac, with iMovie09...free software that came with the Mac...this is going to be fun, especially when I invest in proper lighting (which is why you can see the glitches, bad lighting) and a better camera:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OYFsNn9wUE]YouTube - Iowa vs Michigan State Preview[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMr78CRA-Ug]YouTube - Testing Chroma Key[/ame]

I'm a tech geek supreme... just like you.

But what I want from you is content.

Yup, simply content. You know better than I the industry, all I want is your MMQB, Jared or some other insightful, well thought out and well written associate on your website along with your insights.

I want more content from a BB insider, all the while i peruse your forums and support your advertisers.

I need no pretty boy, nor cutting edge green screen nor graphics from you.. Jon... I want content and hopefully others like myself who will post to your forums with well thought out, well reasoned and insightful posts.

That's what I want.

I like it! That said though, I am with aaronzuriel. I would love to somehow have a weekly podcast with Deace or something like that. I think that would be a huge hit!

First thing I noticed was the audio. Sounds like your recording in a metal box or hallway. You may want to put some carpet on the floor and walls (or something to bring down the reverb).

The visual is cool, but I'd stick with one image unless you're doing highlights or using it as a powerpoint. Otherwise it gets distracting.

That's my critique. Otherwise . . . neat.

OK...just downloaded Movie Maker 11...downloading Garage Band 11 too...the new iMac App store is gonna be another killer...also picked up a magic pad today to replace my mouse, as I am becoming partial to the track pad on my macbook.

OK...just downloaded Movie Maker 11...downloading Garage Band 11 too...the new iMac App store is gonna be another killer...also picked up a magic pad today to replace my mouse, as I am becoming partial to the track pad on my macbook.

Keep me posted on the magic pad and its battery life, would ya? I've been holding of on replacing my magic mouse, but I really want to pull the trigger if I'm not going to be spending a fortune on batteries.

Gravy, I think you just set a record: two gushing apple fanboy thread hijacks in one day. Nice work, Champ. :rolleyes:

Gravy, I think you just set a record: two gushing apple fanboy thread hijacks in one day. Nice work, Champ. :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ, I'm not a ******* Apple fanboy for the love of God, and it's annoying as hell to keep using that term. My post was in direct response to the original post. Go use some more smilies.

Jesus Christ, I'm not a ******* Apple fanboy for the love of God, and it's annoying as hell to keep using that term. My post was in direct response to the original post. Go use some more smilies.

5912887.jpg

I'm a tech geek supreme... just like you.

But what I want from you is content.

Yup, simply content. You know better than I the industry, all I want is your MMQB, Jared or some other insightful, well thought out and well written associate on your website along with your insights.

I want more content from a BB insider, all the while i peruse your forums and support your advertisers.

I need no pretty boy, nor cutting edge green screen nor graphics from you.. Jon... I want content and hopefully others like myself who will post to your forums with well thought out, well reasoned and insightful posts.

That's what I want.

for the free content i think this site is better than some of the sites you have to pay for sir

the wrestling forum has more info than any other site for ia wrestling

Latest posts