The tech geek in me is pumped...check this out

Tech geek??!!

I always thought that "true" tech geeks were the dudes who still did most of their "real" damage via the command line.

Jon,
One question I had was why use a yellow background? If that's all you had then I understand, but by using a yellow background doesn't that mean that you can't wear anything yellow including most hawkeye gear (unless you pull out the bright pink or blue tigerhawk shirts, then I want a picture). That's why the weather guy's screen is green. Only Digger Phelps has the fashion sense to pull out the neon green tie. Otherwise they don't have to worry about clothing being picked up by the computer. Just something to keep in mind if this becomes a reoccurring thing.

OK, the first screen shot below is the video I posted last year previewing the Michigan State-Iowa game...I shot it in front of a yellow wall at work...natural sunlight the only light source, to my left..no other lighting, and the wall was grainy...no optimal chroma key setting at all...used a flip mino HD.

So I am going to create a green screen room in my house for video production for the site and a few possible other projects...that is like what you see on TV when the weather folks are in front of maps, graphics...its a green or single color background. Sometimes its blue screen. Then they key out the color, and place the images and graphics over the color, and you have the graphic background.

Here is what I did tonight just messing around on my Mac, with iMovie09...free software that came with the Mac...this is going to be fun, especially when I invest in proper lighting (which is why you can see the glitches, bad lighting) and a better camera:

YouTube - Iowa vs Michigan State Preview

YouTube - Testing Chroma Key

So we can expect you reporting from the sidelines of the Super Bowl soon? :)

Latest posts