The “Stealing Time from work and watching the Hawks” Thread

Give credit to a team from Iowa with so many “suspect athletes” that’s code for white guys. Charles played at Auburn, outside of the guy who talked about Jordan not breaking Streets record the rest might as well have been giving a concession speech.

Not sure why I responding to this but... I made ONE post about the officials myself - and it was just that they were not having a good game - I didn't say they were screwing one team or another.

Having played high school sports and a little bit of college...

Having coached ages 5-20

Having watched sports for 30 plus years.

Here is a newsflash - sometimes the officials have bad games, and another amazing thing - sometimes it actually has an effect on the outcome of the game.

You don't see like a bad guy bro.. but that high horse man.. it ain't real.
It goes with the “woe is me” iowa crap that pervades this fanbase. Nothing is ever our fault. It’s the establishment. Refs, conference commissioners, game administrators or anyone that can be pointed to other than our own coach or players

Garza, Weiskamp… Without them we we're toast. Cook looked like a dear in headlights out there the whole time. To pat myself on the back I was right about the first team to 75 wins. Thankfully Cinci cooled off and we got hot at the right time of the game. I almost thought we were hot too early and wouldn't sustain it down the stretch but they did enough to win. Cinci didn't hand it to us by any means. But man do we have our hands full next round...

Not sure why I responding to this but... I made ONE post about the officials myself - and it was just that they were not having a good game - I didn't say they were screwing one team or another.

Having played high school sports and a little bit of college...

Having coached ages 5-20

Having watched sports for 30 plus years.

Here is a newsflash - sometimes the officials have bad games, and another amazing thing - sometimes it actually has an effect on the outcome of the game.

You don't see like a bad guy bro.. but that high horse man.. it ain't real.
Funny, I never once said Hawkeye fans are the only ones doing it. I think all fan bases have ref-whiners, and I think they're all stupid.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen any of the whiny babies on this site complain that Iowa was fouling Michigan State too much, or that Iowa won because the other team got fucked by the refs. But you guys sure are quick to get pissed off when you see a "missed" call on the Hawks (I'll let alone the issue that you think you can be a better judge than a registered official), even though a fan from the other side could (rightly so) complain just as much.

That's why I say you guys are tin-hatters...because you think Iowa is the only team ever fucked by refs, and never the opponents. It's so goddamn stupid you can't even see it yourself. You folks are Flat Earthers, man. Zero evidence for your position and tons of it against your position, but you continue to bitch and piss and moan.

Garza, Weiskamp… Without them we we're toast. Cook looked like a dear in headlights out there the whole time. To pat myself on the back I was right about the first team to 75 wins. Thankfully Cinci cooled off and we got hot at the right time of the game. I almost thought we were hot too early and wouldn't sustain it down the stretch but they did enough to win. Cinci didn't hand it to us by any means. But man do we have our hands full next round...

I think Cook comes across as cocky and king of the court but hey that’s just me. Sometimes I wonder if his head fits through the locker room door. I don’t know the kid and never have met him but that’s the vibe I get..n

I think Cook comes across as cocky and king of the court but hey that’s just me. Sometimes I wonder if his head fits through the locker room door. I don’t know the kid and never have met him but that’s the vibe I get..n
Like King Kong of the court?

tenor.gif

Nunge bulking up and Garza's ability to do some shooting is what I think we have going for us next year. Similar to how Wieskamp has freed Bohannon up a little bit, Garza and Nunge on the floor at the same time could be huge.

It goes with the “woe is me” iowa crap that pervades this fanbase. Nothing is ever our fault. It’s the establishment. Refs, conference commissioners, game administrators or anyone that can be pointed to other than our own coach or players

that's every fan base... well they all complain about the Refs I mean.

Last edited:

^^^Totally an Iowa fan :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Doesn't say a single thing about Iowa pulling off the upset. This is his first post of the thread. GTFO out of here you douchebag.

Funny, I never once said Hawkeye fans are the only ones doing it. I think all fan bases have ref-whiners, and I think they're all stupid.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen any of the whiny babies on this site complain that Iowa was fouling Michigan State too much, or that Iowa won because the other team got fucked by the refs. But you guys sure are quick to get pissed off when you see a "missed" call on the Hawks (I'll let alone the issue that you think you can be a better judge than a registered official), even though a fan from the other side could (rightly so) complain just as much.

That's why I say you guys are tin-hatters...because you think Iowa is the only team ever fucked by refs, and never the opponents. It's so goddamn stupid you can't even see it yourself. You folks are Flat Earthers, man. Zero evidence for your position and tons of it against your position, but you continue to bitch and piss and moan.

Lol i made one post man ONE post.. and I like how you completely ignored the fact that I did not say they were "screwing" Iowa.

Plus you are ranting so hard about the "flat earthers"... and "conspiracists" but actually I think you being just as bad... there are very few people that actually believe "Iowa always gets screwed."

Sorry that's not reality.

Last edited:
Like playing a 7 seed on the road?

Yeah, do it before Tennessee beats us by 22 Sunday. :eek:

Lol,

Let’s hope Cookie and gang bring their “A” game then we have a chance.

I think the east coast sports writers and media pumped up Cincy’s reputation a tad. One good guard and everyone else was average to below average.

Latest posts