The State of the B1G

O$Ux could lose every game, every year, and I would neither shed a tear or feel an ounce of pity.

With that said, the B1G is perception-poor this year. A 12-0 team's going to get laughed out of the selection committee's room.

Hello Rose Bowl.

O$Ux could lose every game, every year, and I would neither shed a tear or feel an ounce of pity.

With that said, the B1G is perception-poor this year. A 12-0 team's going to get laughed out of the selection committee's room.

Hello Rose Bowl.

No they won't. You're being a drama queen. You run the table in the Big 10 and you are in. No question by any rational person.

Florida State is in a ****** conference. They are the national champions. They won. Vanderbilt is ****, they are in a good conference, but nobody gives a **** about them because it matters if you are good or not, not your conference.

Its not enough for all the other B1G teams to lose, they have to lose big. I want them all to get blown out.

You're right. I've always pulled for Big 10 teams. What does it matter? It doesn't. I'm gonna try to change my thinking on that cause pulling for a conference is stupid and makes no sense.

Plus, life will be more fun when I can always pull Nebraska to lose under any circumstances.
Dude, if Nebraska was playing against ISIS, I would root for ISIS.

Iowa is never going to be part of the 4 team playoff. Sorry. With the perception of the Big Ten and Iowa not being a name brand it's nearly impossible. Iowa isn't going to have a perfect season either. Iowa never has had a perfect season in modern era and that's what it would take just to get Iowa in the conversation. It sucks but even Iowa's best seasons in the past wouldn't be enough. Now the Rose Bowl is still possible and I think we'd all love to see that!

No they won't. You're being a drama queen. You run the table in the Big 10 and you are in. No question by any rational person.

Florida State is in a ****** conference. They are the national champions. They won. Vanderbilt is ****, they are in a good conference, but nobody gives a **** about them because it matters if you are good or not, not your conference.

Nobody's going to run the table in the league anyway. Moot point.

My take is that its not good, but could be worse. I'm no conference blow hole so don't care, but lets be reasonable.

ND **** pounded a bad Michigan team...Not sure why that surprises anyone.
OSU lost its starting QB and is starting a rookie...Why wouldn't they struggle.
MSU lost to a damn good Oregon team on the road.
Wiscy gave away a game to LSU in the 4th quarter.

Not saying the BIG isn't down, but lets be honest if any other conference lost OOC games to the teams above it would be a non issue.

As far as playoffs are concerned it only matters to me if I truly thought Iowa could win it. As far as I'm concerned I bleed black and gold and love seeing the rest of the conference lose games, whether it hurts the image of the conference or not.

The B1G will continue to be "down" until...

1. somebody beats a good SEC team in the regular season
2. somebody beats a great PAC-12 team in the regular season
3. Michigan plays like Michigan again
4. Ohio State starts developing their players

My take is that its not good, but could be worse. I'm no conference blow hole so don't care, but lets be reasonable.

ND **** pounded a bad Michigan team...Not sure why that surprises anyone.
OSU lost its starting QB and is starting a rookie...Why wouldn't they struggle.
MSU lost to a damn good Oregon team on the road.
Wiscy gave away a game to LSU in the 4th quarter.

Not saying the BIG isn't down, but lets be honest if any other conference lost OOC games to the teams above it would be a non issue.

As far as playoffs are concerned it only matters to me if I truly thought Iowa could win it. As far as I'm concerned I bleed black and gold and love seeing the rest of the conference lose games, whether it hurts the image of the conference or not.

For many perception is reality.

The legends or leaders or maybe it's called the west is the worse collection of teams of any of the big 5 conferences for the last ten years. Delaney quit adding crap teams to make a larger conference and play these horrible match-ups every week. I wish all conferences had 10 teams.

The legends or leaders or maybe it's called the west is the worse collection of teams of any of the big 5 conferences for the last ten years. Delaney quit adding crap teams to make a larger conference and play these horrible match-ups every week. I wish all conferences had 10 teams.

Apparently you don't remember the Big 12 North.....you know, the one the Fighting McCarney's nearly won if not for a missed FG? As always, the latest is always either the worst or the best in fans' eyes. Rarely is that ever the case....

I hope they all lose big! I've never been one of those "rah rah" conference guys....I hate all the other B1G teams!

I agree. We have a better chance to go undefeated against a crappy conference and sneak into the playoffs then we have of getting into the playoffs if we played in a tough conference.

Dude, if Nebraska was playing against ISIS, I would root for ISIS.

This would be the best post ever if it was made 5 years from now. You maybe should have used alkita (however you spell those ****** bags name). Too soon man, too soon.

Latest posts