The SEC, Saban, Must be Stopped.

My disbelief has subsided for now. This kid is dumb, the system is bad. However, Saban is playing with in the rules as slimey as it is. Until something is done about it, this will happen a lot.

Also, I guess that since a kid isn't totally committed until signing day, neither is the school. Saban is playing loopholes, but that's the rules, as much as they suck.

The NCAA should step in on this situation. They need to shore up this "loop hole" immediately. Cheaters, that's all the SEC is and has been about.

There are so many things wrong with this:

1) "But he also said he would sign a piece of paper to show that they are keeping their word – they are going to sign it and they want me to sign it to make sure I know I still have my scholarship.” There is no way the NCAA allows a promise ring.

2) What will do you do this fall? “He said I’m going to stay in Georgia. They are going to find me a job. I’m going to work. I’m going to physical therapy at least seven days per week. I guess I will work, go to physical therapy and get strong … I will come in with the class of 2013. I’ll get there with the early group so I can do winter workouts and spring football.” Find you a job? Doing what? How exactly are you going to pay for 7 days a week physical rehab if you only go twice per week now (Later in the article)?

Why in the hell wouldn't this kid go to a JUCO and just sit on their roster without playing? He could get his school payed for and have access to a team physician without burning any eligibility while still earning college credits. Unbelievable.

The quickest and most efficient way to get rid of this loophole is to completely get rid of national signing day. Allow a kid to sign his scholarship (binding) whenever he is willing to commit. He must be a Jr in good academic standing (pick a minimum GPA) at the time of signing.

sounds like the coach is a bit ****** at Saban, but trying to handle it well. If this kid sticks with Bama, he's a fool.

If the NCAA purports to represent the interests of the student-athlete--in any way--it should implement a rule that mimic's the B1G's current rule. The NCAA is doing a huge disservice to student athletes by allowing this practice to continue.

Kids are literally getting their education ripped away from them after it has been promised to them.

This quote from his HS coach and guardian says alot:

"Look at their number of commitments [27], and they’re still recruiting kids. You know it’s going to be about the numbers. They’re trying to say the knee but it’s really about the scholarship numbers, in my opinion … I’m disappointed. I’m disappointed with the whole process. If a kid commits and the college accepts it, then the college should honor it.â€

Latest posts