The sad life of DJK

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it relates to how Ferentz dealt with DJK, maybe he was more rigid and less forgiving of non-conforming conduct at that point. He had come out of the Dominque Douglas, Arvell Nelson et al BS, underperforming teams with players who were acting like a bunch of punks, to put it diplomatically. Ferentz was getting heat for that. So, his tolerance level at the time DJK shows up for DJK's antics was probably zero, so he had the hammer right over these guys' heads. I'm just saying in context of the times, my guess is that didn't help the situation. Doesn't matter, it was Ferentz's team, his rules, and that's the way it needs to be.

+1
I think you make a lot of sense here Homes. If you consistently put yourself in front of the team, and never learn your lesson then what do you expect? Most people would understand this. Just not someone like DJK who was used to getting whatever he wanted no matter what he did.

If these adopted parents are worth a **** where are they now? If someone really cares about him they would put an end to this meltdown now.

Did DJK have offers from any other school before coming to Iowa?

I'm wondering if he knew right after meeting Ferentz that things weren't going to work, why he would still chose to come to Iowa.

All KF wanted was for him to live by the same set of rules as everyone else. Thats it period. He never seemed to think the rules applied to him. As for his parents, I think it would be a little judgmentel to get on them without knowing all they may have been through with up to this point. I meen who knows ?

I'm wondering if he knew right after meeting Ferentz that things weren't going to work, why he would still chose to come to Iowa.

He had offers, including Michigan IIRC.

OSU had a choice to take either DJK or Ray Small and they decided on Small.

DJK had a much more productive career on the field and both players were headaches off of it.

All KF wanted was for him to live by the same set of rules as everyone else. Thats it period. He never seemed to think the rules applied to him. As for his parents, I think it would be a little judgmentel to get on them without knowing all they may have been through with up to this point. I meen who knows ?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they are trying to get through to him. Maybe they have tried and they are done exhausting their resources. I don't mean to assume that they haven't. The fact remains that he's in the midst of making a decision that would probably be more destructive to him and his future than anything he's done in the past including drugs. There's no coming back from this.

He's putting himself in front of his teammates once again, he's likely putting himself in front of his family and want they want, he's certainly putting himself in front of the coaches and staff at Iowa, and he's also putting himself in front of the entire University. To be willing to drag all of those people through the mud simply so he can feel justified is as selfish as it gets. The only point I was trying to make is that if there is someone close to him who can get through to him they need to try to convince this nonsense to stop before it escalates any further.

Re: Special Thanks to DJK...

Will second this and everything else that has been said. DJK is a special talent; we're glad he stuck with Iowa and only wish his skills had been utilized by this staff even more.

Will look forward to watching him play on Sundays (maybe even an occasional Monday) next year.
I don't know, are you implying DLK wasn't any good 'cause he didn't make it in the NFL? Well, I guess he could join the likes of Chuck Long... And if you're implying KF knows more about football talent, well, you could ask KF about Stanzi.

Re: Special Thanks to DJK...

I think we are seeing exactly why the 2010 team and season ended like it did. Look at what's going on with the players and responses to DJK on Twitter and Facebook. Can only imagine what it was like during that season.

I don't know, are you implying DLK wasn't any good 'cause he didn't make it in the NFL? Well, I guess he could join the likes of Chuck Long... And if you're implying KF knows more about football talent, well you could ask him about Stanzi.

Chuck made it to the NFL and actually started for a while...and its pretty widely accepted that while not a pro bowler, he was a decent qb on a horrendous team....now....conversely, djk didn't even get to a practice squad. Kinda not the same....

I truly wonder about your motivation when you post certain things, unless you really are not an Iowa fan and are just a troll, then it makes sense.

BTW, the post above was a repost and not sarcasm....tweeter was being serious with his love of all things djk....which was the point.

Yes, had an offer to go to OSU. He did not qualify academicly - some anomoly scores or gpa or someting. Yes I am serioius.

Re: DJK book titles

I'd suggest a title play off the Eric Clapton song. Perhaps ...

"If your thing is gone, and you wanna ride on … cocaine"

or

"Don't forget this fact, you can't get it back … cocaine"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts