The sad life of DJK

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a book, I suspect it will be a self-published e-book with sales of fewer than 100 copies. This young man really really needs a strong older mentor to talk to because the degree of grudge he is holding can't be healthy. I hope his adopted father can provide that mentorship, but I wouldn't put it beyond Coach Ferentz to try to stop the bridge burning after the bowl game when his life settles down.

It's easy for people to bash DJK, but the guy didn't grow up with a male father figure and he's struggling to bridge the gap between childhood and adulthood.

That's what's so sad. I don't think there are a lot of guys like Ferentz and O'Keefe at major programs these days. I think they see (saw) part of their job responsibility as helping to bridge that gap and give the athletes some life lessons to take with them post playing days.

What's always struck me as odd is that I think DJK wanted that, too. He liked to push the coaches' buttons, but until the very end, never pushed so hard that he got kicked off the team. It's almost as if he wanted even more attention from them and wanted to stay on their radar. DJK is like the bad kid in class who keeps acting up and pretends as if he doesn't want to be there, then finally gets expelled, but shows up mad at school the next day because he misses the teacher.

I will be one of the 100. Can't resist a train wreck in action.

My guess is he COULD have caught on with a CFL or AFL team IF he was willing to go the extra mile. He probably thought it was beneath him to have to bust his arse at anything less than NFL level.

Still, the kid had some skills, made some great catches and some excellent kickoff returns that make for good memories. He also had some less-than-stellar moments with poor routes and "letting" an interception happen without fighting for the ball. And he also became a very good downfield blocker when he wanted to be.

This all kind of shocks me after the podcast he did with BHGP where he all but called himself on the times KF or a position coach showed, on film, where he came up short, and that he realized he dogged it too often. I guess that was just a fishing-for-acceptance performance.

Accurate tense, as in 6 months from now - "Remember when DJK tweeted some crazy accusations about the football program. Whatever happened to him?"

Re: People are listening to DJK

DJK is still continuing his rants on twitter about KF, Coach Doyle, and former players on the team. Whether or not its true, people are listening. Someone claiming to be considering to play football at Iowa after JUCO said they probably wont go after seeing all of these tweets. He is also coming out with a book to tell his whole story and how he was mistreated at Iowa. Do you think DJK poses any real threat to the U of I?

The kid's website on his twitter profile is amway.com/nickhughes. He's a ******* Amway salesman. He must be gullible if Amway got him, much the reason DJK got to him.

Please stop starting unnessasary threads about this guy. You are giving him exactly what he wants. Exposure. He is loving all of this attention i assure you

Help from what? Himself?

He needs to grow up and be a man.

Yeah, but he doesn't have the tools to get there. Maybe Brad Banks can get a hold of the kid and be a mentor. Brad was a guy who had the tools to finish second in the Heisman but lacked the tools to get to the League. I suspect Brad would be a able to be a good role model because he knows what it is like to go from big man on campus to just another guy walking down the street overnight.

I suspect most of us had dads, uncles, older siblings or what not who helped us keep our heads out of our butts when we were 24 or 25 and thought the world owed us everything and were disappointed when it didn't deliver. Sadly, I just don't think DJK has that, so it's easy to sit on the interwebs and tell the young man to grow up, but actually making that happen is a whole other ball game.

maybe a couple leaders did encourage him to do drugs the first time. but DJK and only DJK made the decision to continue doing them. DJK made the decision to live in the house he lived in.

the tweet about everything is great when you get first downs and touchdowns but don't F up...isn't that how it is most places? why can't you be great and classy at the same time?

DJK made his own grave. he had borderline NFL talent and a slight chance at the league. all that died when he decided to run a drug house

drug dealers tend not be credible. Let him write a book, it won't prove anything.

Please stop starting unnessasary threads about this guy. You are giving him exactly what he wants. Exposure. He is loving all of this attention i assure you

You are right. The 11 post, anonymous user who very well may be DJK.. is indeed giving himself exposure.

DJK is still continuing his rants on twitter about KF, Coach Doyle, and former players on the team. Whether or not its true, people are listening. Someone claiming to be considering to play football at Iowa after JUCO said they probably wont go after seeing all of these tweets. He is also coming out with a book to tell his whole story and how he was mistreated at Iowa. Do you think DJK poses any real threat to the U of I?

yeah big time. i mean, if this shuts the long standing JUCO pipeline to Iowa football down, I might as well just cancel my allegiance to the University right now. i wonder if i could get saison tackets to the clowns yet, or if the Christmas rush to buy them (with all their momentum) will shut me out?

maybe a couple leaders did encourage him to do drugs the first time. but DJK and only DJK made the decision to continue doing them. DJK made the decision to live in the house he lived in.

the tweet about everything is great when you get first downs and touchdowns but don't F up...isn't that how it is most places? why can't you be great and classy at the same time?

DJK made his own grave. he had borderline NFL talent and a slight chance at the league. all that died when he decided to run a drug house

if he had NFL talent, he'd be in the NFL, or the CFL, or what the heck - the Arena League. His 'drug house' charges were minor.

I have to disagree. If he had borderline NFL talent, he would be playing somewhere in some league. Just like 99% of guys who played football in college, DJK doesn't have the talent to make it in the NFL. If he did have borderline talent, somebody would have given him a shot. JVB was at least brought in to be a camp arm for the Vikings and got to show what he had. DJK didn't even get a sniff an NFL camp unless he was taking out their garbage.

Drug houses and attitude have little to nothing to do with it. The NFL is filled with petty and more serious criminals. If DJK had the talent, he'd be there, regardless of his pot house or attitude.

if he had NFL talent, he'd be in the NFL, or the CFL, or what the heck - the Arena League. His 'drug house' charges were minor.
Exactly. Pacman Jones is still in the league. Plaxico Burress got a second chance. Hell, if Aaron Hernandez is proven innocent he will probably get a second chance. Point is, if you have the talent, the NFL will take a chance. DJK is the classic "the coach hated me" kid.

I thought it might be DJK at first but then i read "Amway salesmen" and I figured Cyclone.

yeah big time. i mean, if this shuts the long standing JUCO pipeline to Iowa football down, I might as well just cancel my allegiance to the University right now. i wonder if i could get saison tackets to the clowns yet, or if the Christmas rush to buy them (with all their momentum) will shut me out?

Your ability to relate anything and everything to ISU, is amazing, just amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts