The Rudock era HAS to start next season.

JVB gets worse with playing time... and you do have to look at other options. The Hawkeyes couldn't play worse than they did today. Just finish this miserable season and work your butt off during the off season. Show some guts offensively and play to win, not just to get off the field. I have such anger for this 10-11 team and the coaching staff.

Right on cue. That pick is absolutely ridiculous. I would love to see you defend him now.

No defending that, play broke down he tried to go long against the wind and it just hung up big time...

Doesn't change the fact that he is still a solid Qb.

I don't know if Rudock should start game one but Vandy better not just be given the starting spot due to seniority like what usually happens at Iowa. He's looked like a deer in the headlights at nearly every road game this year. His throws have not been anywhere near his intended targets today. Most of his completions have even been off target and the receivers have made a play. Pathetic performance.

I can't believe how terrible he plays on the road. Just that last possession, why does he scramble in the face of late pressure...into guys. Role out and throw it away so its 3rd and 10 instead of 3rd and 21.

He is regressing horribly. Even when he came in 2 years ago he would throw it away rather than eat the ball all the time. Maybe that's kok's qb coaching ability right there.

It just blows my mind how he can't play on the road AT ALL. Oh, except at Purdue where there were like what, maybe 40k? He absolutely ***** his pants and can't handle pressure whatsoever.

Shut up. You can't be a successful quarterback if your play calling isn't allowing you to get open receivers.

Playcalling is not the only reason for there being no open receivers. Nebraska's secondary has just shut us down. McNutt is very good, but it's clear he's not on the level of Blackmon/Broyles/etc. When those guys get "shut down", they're still getting 80+ yards. McNutt has 2 catches for 1 yard.

Shut up. You can't be a successful quarterback if your play calling isn't allowing you to get open receivers.

Go watch every offensive series and look at how many passes have been thrown behind receivers or over their head.

You can't be a "solid" QB, but play polar opposite on the road.

Vandy will get the starting spot next year because he is the best QB on the roster. You people are ridiculous. I realize Vandy has not excelled on the road this season, but that is not completely his fault. For some reason our play-calling goes into a shell when we play on the road. We don't run any routes deeper than 15-20 yards. The safeties and corners can then sit on all the routes because they know something short is coming.

This is an awful game by Vandy today, but he will start next year and wouldn't be surprised if he is All Big 10 next year afte a year of experience.

yeah cause james sucks.....oh wait just look at his stats...they sure do blow huh....jesus people are dumb

Go look at Jake Christensen's numbers. They look pretty decent. Too bad he ******* sucked. JVB is terrible, he throws behind receivers and he has ZERO arm strength. Rudock 2012.

Latest posts