The Rudock era HAS to start next season.

How much of his failures are playcalling?

All of them, KOK needs to go, along with his kissing cousin Norm Parker. I mean do half of you guys really watch football? Its amazing to me that nebraska with a ********* qb can get wr's open and I mean wide open on third downs and convert them a lot. Iowa on the other hand cannot get wr's open on 3rd downs and therefore cannot convert those opportunities. Its called CRAP SCHEMES by the coordinators, we play soft zone on defense allowing other teams wr's to get WIDE open (bend but dont break has the to be stupidist thing i have ever heard of), the opposition on the other hand comes up and puts pressure on our qb and plays press coverage thus keeping us from converting 3rd downs and then you have the CRAP play calling on offense by KOK, until all of this changes it doesn't matter one bit who the hell the qb is.

McNutt is a good receiver. But when you have defensive backs as good as Nebraska's you have to deal with it and find a way to get them open. Marvin (or more likely our play calling) hasn't been able to do that today. That is not JVB's fault. If they're not open who is he supposed to complete the pass to?

Go look at Jake Christensen's numbers. They look pretty decent. Too bad he ******* sucked. JVB is terrible, he throws behind receivers and he has ZERO arm strength. Rudock 2012.

Wrong. Jake was around 53% for his completion rate and Vandenberg's arm strength is his biggest asset. Sometimes he bullets the short throws too much even, but arm strength he is definitely not lacking.

Stanzi had the ability to overcome his own mistakes, bad playcalling, lack of a real QB coach, etc.

Vandenberg hasn't shown any of that.

When the play-action doesn't work, it reveals the Iowa passing game to be pretty poor. Whether it's a combination of coaching or just not having the "eye of the tiger" to play tough and composed on the road and in tough games, I am not sure. I would love to see them bring in a coach who can really be a passing game coordinator. Dare to dream, I know...

Latest posts