The Regular Season or the Tournament

I assume you accidently quoted me since your post has nothing to do with mine?
No, it was. Kicker was speaking as a coach and it was an explanation at least from my perspective.
"If someone can't find enjoyment in watching sports because they can only remember the bad things then that sucks bad for them."

I really enjoy watching the Hawks as a fan. I also like watching about any game including Iowa and look at it from a coaching perspective.

From a coaching perspective, Fran drives me nuts. I do know a former player of his and had a discussion with him about Fran. This player really liked Fran as a person. He really seems to be a "players" coach, though it seems something has been wrong and my suspicion is the rub comes from some players thinking the sons get some preference. I also suspect there are some issues stemming from the Barnstormers, but that is an entirely different subject.

I think Fran gets as much mileage as he does because most of the players really do like him. He gets a lot out of players like JBo, Uthoff, White, Garza. Others like Woodbury, Perkins, Marble, Cook, Murray 2... seem to not get all they need fundamentally.

Few leave early and mad. A few left with unfinished business.

I also think Iowa is a good destination and has been a plus to Fran. He hasn't really helped build that, but hasn't hurt that either.

So, I can watch as a fan and enjoy and yet be driven crazy by the not so few and easily fixable team flaws.

Thought you were a bit hard on kicker, but discussions lead to...discussions and Fran could care less about what we think...

No, it was. Kicker was speaking as a coach and it was an explanation at least from my perspective.
"If someone can't find enjoyment in watching sports because they can only remember the bad things then that sucks bad for them."

I really enjoy watching the Hawks as a fan. I also like watching about any game including Iowa and look at it from a coaching perspective.

From a coaching perspective, Fran drives me nuts. I do know a former player of his and had a discussion with him about Fran. This player really liked Fran as a person. He really seems to be a "players" coach, though it seems something has been wrong and my suspicion is the rub comes from some players thinking the sons get some preference. I also suspect there are some issues stemming from the Barnstormers, but that is an entirely different subject.

I think Fran gets as much mileage as he does because most of the players really do like him. He gets a lot out of players like JBo, Uthoff, White, Garza. Others like Woodbury, Perkins, Marble, Cook, Murray 2... seem to not get all they need fundamentally.

Few leave early and mad. A few left with unfinished business.

I also think Iowa is a good destination and has been a plus to Fran. He hasn't really helped build that, but hasn't hurt that either.

So, I can watch as a fan and enjoy and yet be driven crazy by the not so few and easily fixable team flaws.

Thought you were a bit hard on kicker, but discussions lead to...discussions and Fran could care less about what we think...
Oops I misunderstood him and thought he was talking about his playing days. Either way tho my point wasn't dissing him at all. I was just saying there's a difference between how you should take losses when you're part of a team and how you should take them as a fan of a team. People who can't separate the two can't really enjoy being a fan.

As far as the rest of your post goes, I completely agree. Fran is a players coach that fields a solid team, instills confidence, and let's them play. There are different strategies to coaching and very few are great at what Fran is great at and also great at the in game aspect of it. I don't think trading someone who is good at one for someone who is good at the other really gets us anywhere. Now if we could find a coach who wants to come here and is great at both, I'm all for it.

Oops I misunderstood him and thought he was talking about his playing days. Either way tho my point wasn't dissing him at all. I was just saying there's a difference between how you should take losses when you're part of a team and how you should take them as a fan of a team. People who can't separate the two can't really enjoy being a fan.

As far as the rest of your post goes, I completely agree. Fran is a players coach that fields a solid team, instills confidence, and let's them play. There are different strategies to coaching and very few are great at what Fran is great at and also great at the in game aspect of it. I don't think trading someone who is good at one for someone who is good at the other really gets us anywhere. Now if we could find a coach who wants to come here and is great at both, I'm all for it.
Nice response... really. I agree with your comments about Fran. It does seem, from the outside looking in that Fran could use immediate support from an assistant that could be matured into a head coach... As I'm typing my thoughts went to football.... oops. Some coaches can teach lock down defense.

Nice response... really. I agree with your comments about Fran. It does seem, from the outside looking in that Fran could use immediate support from an assistant that could be matured into a head coach... As I'm typing my thoughts went to football.... oops. Some coaches can teach lock down defense.
If Fran got a young up and comer assistant coach who excelled in X's and O's, he could really put together a good few year run. Maybe similar to Lick with Stevens.

Didn't take it as a diss at all. As coaches though we all know how hard it is see the game as a fan sees it. Fortunately for me (and a number of posters lol) Iowa has no men's soccer team and we don't discuss the women's team. LOL.

Latest posts