The reality of it

longtimer

Iowa will likely never challenge for football supremacy It was men vs boys today and it is only get to be a wider disparity with the NIL and the teams like Ohio State buying players to round out their great recruiting classes. Evy did it with a few good players many of them playing both ways. Fry almost did it with some difference makers a great coaching staff and some great offensive and defensive minds.
Unfortunately college football will now be dominated by 10 or 12 teams with the rest playing to be the top of the second division. Makes the Iowa State game probably the big game of the year

Iowa will likely never challenge for football supremacy It was men vs boys today and it is only get to be a wider disparity with the NIL and the teams like Ohio State buying players to round out their great recruiting classes. Evy did it with a few good players many of them playing both ways. Fry almost did it with some difference makers a great coaching staff and some great offensive and defensive minds.
Unfortunately college football will now be dominated by 10 or 12 teams with the rest playing to be the top of the second division. Makes the Iowa State game probably the big game of the year

Ummmm I said that immediately after we lost to Iowa State.

The schedule with most of what was supposed to be a top defense returning. Like another poster said on another thread “all smoke and mirrors” beat inferior weak non-conference teams and the lower half of the conference in the puke West division and poof you have your wins. What are we in score total against top ten teams 180-7? Very revealing.

There’s the men’s teams and the women’s teams in college football. Iowa is somewhere in between.

I believe I heard the announcer say Ohio State spent $21M for transfers. There were at least 4 starters that were transfers from SEC schools and the QB from Kansas State. I didn't expect the results to be much different than the final score. I could put some of the blame on Kirk for not recognizing his offensive strategy is doomed, but when the cards are stacked against you talent wise and money wise it is a waste of time ever thinking you have a chance.

I'm sure I have a defeated attitude. I had it before the season started and the loss to Iowa State just confirmed that Iowa doesn't have the offensive talent to beat ranked teams. This looks like a 6 and 6 team. The people that matter have a decision to make about Kirk and how they can find the resources to buy a team.

Latest posts