The Pulse: Lookin' Good Jon

Agree with all previous posters - Jon, kudos, you're knocking it out of the park and The Pulse is a great, fast-paced format. It is "must-see TV" for me going forward, never a doubt! :)

Absolutely agree Jon....GREAT job! Some people are saying "Pretty good for a 1st show" but had I not known that it was your 1st show I never would've known. Very happy for you and proud that you're the guy representing the entire Hawkeye Nation every week.

Well done buddy boy.

In all seriousness, this show has unlimited potential. Both guys have a lot of football knowledge and seem to feed off each other relatively well for being professional acquaintances. The one thing I worry about is Bentley's overbearing bias for Ohio State. It spilled out during the entire segment.

Should be an interesting show. I thought you two shold move closer to each other. You looked like you were miles apart. You looked different tonight too. Maybe the make up ppl at the Big ten studios do a better job then the local ppl? LOL

In all seriousness, this show has unlimited potential. Both guys have a lot of football knowledge and seem to feed off each other relatively well for being professional acquaintances. The one thing I worry about is Bentley's overbearing bias for Ohio State. It spilled out during the entire segment.

Hopefully that will work itself out. Bentley doesn't really have that much experience doing this kind of work, does he? I mean Jon has been doing this for a long time, and does a better job of ignoring the homer thoughts that come to mind because he needs to be SOMEWHAT objective. Bentley may still be kind of feeling things out as far as how to handle himself in a role like this.

I take it there was a short "trailer" for the show tonight? Cause I thought it started next Thursday?
Jon put up a story this afternoon about being invited for a segment on the special tonight. So basically a special show just for the alignment/division talk. It lasted about 6-8 minutes for the first part but they ran out of time for the 2nd part.

Jon put up a story this afternoon about being invited for a segment on the special tonight. So basically a special show just for the alignment/division talk. It lasted about 6-8 minutes for the first part but they ran out of time for the 2nd part.

I guess I need to be on here more often to catch those announcements.

Thanks stormin.

We have talked about this...I like it, because it will play perfectly for balance...because that is going to raise my hackles to stick up for the 'forgotten teams', like Iowa;)

If you have guests on studio in your show, please don't have them sit between you guys.

Delaney looked like he was at the US OPEN bouncing back from Dave and the other two during his interview. It made me uncomfortable for him and I felt a crick in my neck.

We have talked about this...I like it, because it will play perfectly for balance...because that is going to raise my hackles to stick up for the 'forgotten teams', like Iowa;)

Ha! I noticed your urge to mention Iowa a few times during the segment. How hard is it not to default to them???

Liked the show, not a big fan of the timed discussions (but I don't like it in PTI much either), but I think it rolled well.

Also, the GEICO comparison . . . spot on!:D

Jon
xmasmug08.jpg

GEICO guy
geico-guy.gif

Huh?????

After a little stuttering Jon found his wings and flew. I liked his comeback with "contiguous states and they have a 30 game history".

This will make you look like the good guy in the eyes of the average Big Ten fan.
He came across as a little pompous and out of touch when he dismissed the Iowa/Nebraska rivalry. It's going to be huge for fans of both teams.

After a little stuttering Jon found his wings and flew. I liked his comeback with "contiguous states and they have a 30 game history".

I believe its more like 41 games, actually. The only Big Ten Team to play Nebraska more is Minnesota at 51 games. I forgot who was 3rd, but they are a distant third, around 20-25 games.

I believe its more like 41 games, actually. The only Big Ten Team to play Nebraska more is Minnesota at 51 games. I forgot who was 3rd, but they are a distant third, around 20-25 games.

Yeah I said "30-plus game history" so I knew I was covered ;)

Latest posts