The Pulse: Lookin' Good Jon

Congrats Jon! I am going to be a big fan of this type of fast-paced show.
Now that we've seen you in a suit can we expect all of your Vlogs to be done in one? Lol! Again, congrats and great job tonight!!

Yep, throughout the first year I remember thinking how poor the BTN was but it has developed into a nice network.

On another note is the Pulse going to be on during the Football and Basketball seasons only?

Good point Spiff, it's coming around.-one complaint- the two guys who did the pre-game shows strike me as "drama majors" and don't quite fit in to the mold I was looking for. They are somewhat entertaining, but want to see some ex players or guys who appear to be football fans on the air doing recon on the atmosphere.

Looked pretty good. Not sure I like the "timed" topics (like PTI) as it seems to prevent in-depth analysis and doesn't let you guys get a good argument going.

Tell LeCharles not to wave his hands all over the place.

Still...for your first time...nice job.

Jon was very smooth and professional. The LeCharles guy is an ignorant clown. Why take shots at something you know nothing about, Bentley?

Go get em' Jon! BTN should just go buy a department store manikin and dress it up in OSU gear.

I agree with the poster who said Bentley doesn't have his finger on the pulse of Nebraska and Iowa fans. This IS a rivalry that can hit the ground running. It's not like it was when the Big 12 tried to manufacture a rivalry between Colorado and Nebraska and let the rivalry that Nebraska REALLY cared about (Oklahoma) die. BOTH fanbases WANT this game. They already don't like each other, they share a border, and they both want to shut the other up year in and year out.

Very well-done Jon. You're a natural. Unfortunately, living Down Under, I won't be able to watch the show weekly. Otherwise, The Pulse would be weekly viewing!

Thanks one and all.

It was a blast...Live TV is about the biggest adrenaline rush I have ever felt...I feel blessed to be able to be a part of something like this.

After it was over, I felt a bit tired..so that means all senses were piqued..as for being nervous, not really at all. It's the kind of thing I do every day and have done every day for nearly a decade, just on the radio. However, the second email they posted, I felt it was just like the first...so that maybe threw me a bit...I'll have to watch it back. On the whole, felt pretty good for a couple of guys that haven't worked together.

We have had a chance to spend a couple days together, today included, and I think the show is going to be fun. I think he respects the fact that I have some experience in tv and maybe better at ins and outs of breaks right now, and I respect the fact he played in the NFL...mutual respect is a good thing to have and start out with.

All I know is this has been one of the best days of my life aside from when my kids were born and I got married, and a notch below Tate to Holloway. For someone that has dreamed of doing something like this since he was 13, for it to happen before I turn 40 really is a dream come true...and I didn't have to spend 15 years in a nowhere TV market to get here...I respect the heck out of people that do that. I just chose a different route, a road less traveled (the internet, back in 1999) and arrived at the same destination.

I told my dad two things when I was 13; that I wanted to get to ESPN, and then have that prepare me to be the Voice of the Hawkeyes one day. I know I am not going to be 'THE' Voice because of the career decisions I have made. But it's fun to have 'A' voice with this website and other things I do, and the BTN is just as good, if not better, than ESPN, to me.

Thanks again for the kind words...its going to be a fun year.

Time to go write about this stuff...I have been champing at the bit all day since I got my hands on the schedule. I suspect Wisconsin fans are ticked.

Thanks one and all.

It was a blast...Live TV is about the biggest adrenaline rush I have ever felt...I feel blessed to be able to be a part of something like this.

After it was over, I felt a bit tired..so that means all senses were piqued..as for being nervous, not really at all. It's the kind of thing I do every day and have done every day for nearly a decade, just on the radio. However, the second email they posted, I felt it was just like the first...so that maybe threw me a bit...I'll have to watch it back. On the whole, felt pretty good for a couple of guys that haven't worked together.

We have had a chance to spend a couple days together, today included, and I think the show is going to be fun. I think he respects the fact that I have some experience in tv and maybe better at ins and outs of breaks right now, and I respect the fact he played in the NFL...mutual respect is a good thing to have and start out with.

All I know is this has been one of the best days of my life aside from when my kids were born and I got married, and a notch below Tate to Holloway. For someone that has dreamed of doing something like this since he was 13, for it to happen before I turn 40 really is a dream come true...and I didn't have to spend 15 years in a nowhere TV market to get here...I respect the heck out of people that do that. I just chose a different route, a road less traveled (the internet, back in 1999) and arrived at the same destination.

I told my dad two things when I was 13; that I wanted to get to ESPN, and then have that prepare me to be the Voice of the Hawkeyes one day. I know I am not going to be 'THE' Voice because of the career decisions I have made. But it's fun to have 'A' voice with this website and other things I do, and the BTN is just as good, if not better, than ESPN, to me.

Time to go write about this stuff...I have been champing at the bit all day since I got my hands on the schedule. I suspect Wisconsin fans are ticked.

I liked what I saw Jon. I expect it will be really good when you actually have your own show and time slot outside of just a segment on a division alignment special.

Good job.

Constructive criticism:
1. talk slower -- Husker fans can't keep up with you otherwise.
2. don't lose any weight -- GEICO will wonder what happened to their pitchman.
3. you gotta throw in a West Branch reference sometime this year.

Seriously, looking forward to The Pulse.

congrats Jon - I'd say you're fulfilling a lot of your dreams - maybe not exactly as you saw them as a 13 year old, but how many of us can say they even get close to what they wish for. And you aren't 40 yet, so you'll have more opportunities coming down the road.

Also, to the people who said don't be overly critical since it was his first show...I thought he did great 1st show, or the 100th......

And yeah, Steve Deace, eat your heart out! Maybe he could do it for the new Big12 channel when that comes out.....or as steve would say....yeahhhh righttt.........:)

Good job.

Constructive criticism:

That would be funny if Jon answered a question by saying " does Elmer Fudd have trouble with the letter R?"

Thanks one and all.

I interpreted that question like this: when determining division winners, do they look at intra-division games or total conference record (making the crossover games essentially exhibition games). I don't think he meant in the case of a tie. I can see why it would throw you, particularly when you're under pressure (after all, I was watching from the comfort of my dorm room), especially since it's a weird concept (no other conference does that, so why would the Big Ten?).

Good job.

Constructive criticism:

I would agree with this, minus the cornhusker burn. Although you didn't trip up it did look like your motor was running in overdrive. You don't need to be the Big 10's equivalent to Cornheiser in regards to your rate of speech. It's not how fast you delivery it, but the content of the delivery.

I would agree with this, minus the cornhusker burn. Although you didn't trip up it did look like your motor was running in overdrive. You don't need to be the Big 10's equivalent to Cornheiser in regards to your rate of speech. It's not how fast you delivery it, but the content of the delivery.

But when it's all great content, I want as much of it as I can get! lol

Latest posts