The Pentagon!

MelroseHawkins

What a cool environment! Just a great place to watch the game, live or on TV. The place was hoppin', active and alive. I love the old school gymnasium with the old clocks. I would think the players loved playing in that arena, even though a small croud.

What a great treat for the fans from NW Iowa to have a chance to drive "locally" to a game, at least a relative short distance. Maybe Iowa should make this a yearly "neutral" game just to treat the fans from NW Iowa. Having a footprint and developing a stronger relationship in that area/city couldn't hurt, either. This with the occasional recruit Iowa may be able to pull out of there in all sports. Iowa could be that area in South Dakota's favorite P5 team. Just sayin'. Wouldn't hurt.

Iowa could gain big benefits compared to the small $$ they may miss out on one game.

Not disagreeing with you, but the camera angle was a little steep for me. Felt like it was being filmed from the ceiling.

That place is awesome . Apparently it was modeled after where butler plays . I watched when St. John’s played there a few years ago . The atmosphere for that game felt like i was at an Indiana high school state title game or something . The place was rocking

Not disagreeing with you, but the camera angle was a little steep for me. Felt like it was being filmed from the ceiling.

That steep camera angle is similar to some other arenas. I didnt mind it that much as you could see player spacing much better but I even thought they could have zoomed in 10-20% which would have been great.

That being said if you have never sat in the first couple of rows right behind the basket of a Big 10 game you are missing something special. And I am not talking about Carver Hawkeye Arena where the seats are far away from the action but like at the old fieldhouse or at Ames.

That steep camera angle is similar to some other arenas. I didnt mind it that much as you could see player spacing much better but I even thought they could have zoomed in 10-20% which would have been great.

That being said if you have never sat in the first couple of rows right behind the basket of a Big 10 game you are missing something special. And I am not talking about Carver Hawkeye Arena where the seats are far away from the action but like at the old fieldhouse or at Ames.

I big donor friend from Wisconsin gifted me his two tickets to the Iowa game against WI last winter at the Kohl Center. His ticks are in folding chairs 3 rows back right under the basket. Yup. Whole new view of the game. If you want to know how physical BT basketball is, just sit in one of these seats.

Last time I had that view was in Des Moines when Lute Olson's team featuring Bruce "Sky" King was playing Drake. Was just as rough back then.

Isn't Ohio States camera angle absolutely horrible. It seems some high profile BIG team has a horrible camera angle, like from the ceiling.

Latest posts