The osu-isu charge call - what people are forgetting and the ref missed

Your correct, OSU is our hated rival and I wanted them to lose and they didn't hence I am complaining.

Guess I'm confused, because where I'm from if two teams you dispise are playing, it shouldn't hurt your feelings how or when either one of them lose. I just think our complaining about officiating, as a whole, is heading to an entirely different level and has gone from complaining about Iowa getting hosed, to a national level. We've broadened our horizons and no ref nation wide is safe from the wrath.

In the first half he did two hand mug. Doesn't play defense, but does do what he can get away with.
When does Craft graduate? He is getting to be a regular Scott Skiles to me.

Nice white dude comparison.........Craft is a choir boy compared to Skiles, Skiles would put up 30 on you and talk sh!t while he was doing it. There is no comparison.

My two cents. Regarding Craft. He plays the way he plays, because he's allowed to. How dare he play physical and to the level of the officiating. I applaud the guy. He plays hard and plays to the level of the officiating, I don't see what's wrong with him. If you're going to be ****** about it, get ****** at the officials who let him play the way he does, but to take it out on a guy playing hard is weak. IMO.

Second, as Hawk fans the need to complain is becoming progressively worse. We don't have anything to complain about because the Hawks are still going, so we take advantage of the opportunity to jump at the opportunity to complain about a call that hurt our biggest rival? I'm losing my mind, because I simply can't find it in my heart to care how they did or didn't get screwed, let alone allow it to bother me. Glad they lost, hope more of our rivals do too in the near future.

This 1st first paragraph is so spot on. Grabbing and holding and level of physicality in college basketball has escalated over the last 20 years and now people want to cry about it. Craft is an example of love the guy if he plays for your team, otherwise he is a punk. Purdue usually has a Craft like player on their team every year with no complaints, but for some reason everyone wants to single out Craft.

This 1st first paragraph is so spot on. Grabbing and holding and level of physicality in college basketball has escalated over the last 20 years and now people want to cry about it. Craft is an example of love the guy if he plays for your team, otherwise he is a punk. Purdue usually has a Craft like player on their team every year with no complaints, but for some reason everyone wants to single out Craft.

Well, those Purdue guys usually don't get the level of hype that Craft does.

Listening to people talk about Craft as arguably the nation's best defender makes me want to vomit. Especially when there's a guy like Oladipo right here in the Big Ten who plays ACTUAL defense. He doesn't have to foul to lock his man down; he moves his feet and plays fundamental defense at the highest level.

Well, those Purdue guys usually don't get the level of hype that Craft does.

Listening to people talk about Craft as arguably the nation's best defender makes me want to vomit. Especially when there's a guy like Oladipo right here in the Big Ten who plays ACTUAL defense. He doesn't have to foul to lock his man down; he moves his feet and plays fundamental defense at the highest level.

Point well taken on Oladipo; however, if Gesell turns out to be similar to Craft are you going to be talking about how he needs to be more fundamentally sound or how gritty and tough he is?

Point well taken on Oladipo; however, if Gesell turns out to be similar to Craft are you going to be talking about how he needs to be more fundamentally sound or how gritty and tough he is?

Gritty and tough is one thing. I don't mind that narrative about Craft (even if it's the stereotypical "white guy" narrative in basketball). It's all the hype about how great of a defender he is that gets me. Literally hundreds of players play defense the same way he does, but very few are lauded as lockdown defenders 15 times a night (many are considered solid defenders, but aren't considered among the nation's best). In his case, I sometimes feel like the fact that he's white plays into THAT narrative, too.

Guess I'm confused, because where I'm from if two teams you dispise are playing, it shouldn't hurt your feelings how or when either one of them lose. I just think our complaining about officiating, as a whole, is heading to an entirely different level and has gone from complaining about Iowa getting hosed, to a national level. We've broadened our horizons and no ref nation wide is safe from the wrath.

It's our society.
We've turned into a bunch of winey *** babies who have to have someone to blame if something does not turn out the way we want it to.

Does anyone here really think a game like Basketball can be officiated perfectly?
Impossible.

If you get a chance to watch the BTN's coverage of the OSU/ISU game, do so.

Craft gets interviewed.

Look closely where his eyes go immediately after the interview is done.

Classic.

Gritty and tough is one thing. I don't mind that narrative about Craft (even if it's the stereotypical "white guy" narrative in basketball). It's all the hype about how great of a defender he is that gets me. Literally hundreds of players play defense the same way he does, but very few are lauded as lockdown defenders 15 times a night (many are considered solid defenders, but aren't considered among the nation's best). In his case, I sometimes feel like the fact that he's white plays into THAT narrative, too.

Fair enough.

I specifically chose words like "gritty" and "tough" just to see where you would go with it.

Latest posts