The osu-isu charge call - what people are forgetting and the ref missed

I suppose. I'm not one to whine about officials because typically both teams get their fair share of crap calls. It can down to ISU fumbling the rebound at the end of the game give tOSU the last shot. Oh well.

Not saying you are complaining, it just isn't worth it and the game didn't come down to that one call. To the point of the officials though, they have zero accountability for their actions, more so during the regular seasons because if a conference actually bars them they just go to another one, even though they are terrible. That is the problem.

Not saying you are complaining, it just isn't worth it and the game didn't come down to that one call. To the point of the officials though, they have zero accountability for their actions, more so during the regular seasons because if a conference actually bars them they just go to another one, even though they are terrible. That is the problem.

The 2 officials that missed the charge in the ISU/KU game only worked one additional Big 12 game after that and I think it was because they were already scheduled and it was too short of a turn around time. You're right though. As long as conferences don't start handing out repercussions for blatantly missing calls, they're not going to change their ways.

Craft also whines and cries a lot. I can't stand him.

No doubt, when Craft was called for traveling late in the second half for sliding his pivot foot, I about threw up. (it was clearly a travel)

He looked down at his foot stared at the ref smiled, turned around smiled the whole way down the court and rolled his eyes.

He is like a poor mans steve wojciechowski hated by all except the team they play for. With all that being said, everyone who watches Iowa's Universities sports and this includes Iowa, ISU, and UNI. Know that whenever the game is on the line in a major tournament/playoff a choke job will occur. We all knew OSU was going to win that game in some way shape or form and sure enough it happened by letting Craft shoot a warm up three with a big looking at him in stunned amazment.

At minimum, the bucket should have counted.

yup!!!! winner!!!!!
Ball left before contact made, absolutely.
Coincidentally if you are going to call something there then thomas should have gotten called for the body, craft shouldn't even be in the picture. Since he was, basket should have counted. If you're not 100 percent sure, and a ref in crunch time can't do their job, then you should call NOTHING!!!!!!!!

You have to feel sorry for Fred and his players but it has to bring a smile to your face when you think about most of their fans and Jaime Pollard crying about that call until the end of the tourney.

You have to feel sorry for Fred and his players but it has to bring a smile to your face when you think about most of their fans and Jaime Pollard crying about that call until the end of the tourney.

He that rejoices at another's misfortune shall not go unpunished, the good book says. :D

Get off the whole Craft thing..You are starting to sound like broken record..
He plays hard.
All Academic player. He made a great, game winning shot against our in-state rivals.
What in the hell did he ever do to you?
(sounds to me lie you are a closet clown fan.

Hey everyone has a player you don't like. Craft is one for me. Average talent wise, fouls alot, turns the ball over like mad, hits one game winner and he's a hero.

Who's yours, Andy Kaufmann? Bobby Jackson? Pimple face Shurna? Everyone's got one.

Scott Skiles was a helluva player too.

Iowa fans would do the same thing if that happened to the Hawks. The only difference is Barta would not cry.

It will never go away till there is some form of instant replay.

This. Let coaches challenge 1 call per game or per half. Not over ruled...lose a timeout. Limit it to charges/blocks and out of bounds type plays.

It would at least alleviate the game hinging on a bad call if something could be challenged late.

My two cents. Regarding Craft. He plays the way he plays, because he's allowed to. How dare he play physical and to the level of the officiating. I applaud the guy. He plays hard and plays to the level of the officiating, I don't see what's wrong with him. If you're going to be ****** about it, get ****** at the officials who let him play the way he does, but to take it out on a guy playing hard is weak. IMO.

Second, as Hawk fans the need to complain is becoming progressively worse. We don't have anything to complain about because the Hawks are still going, so we take advantage of the opportunity to jump at the opportunity to complain about a call that hurt our biggest rival? I'm losing my mind, because I simply can't find it in my heart to care how they did or didn't get screwed, let alone allow it to bother me. Glad they lost, hope more of our rivals do too in the near future.

My two cents. Regarding Craft. He plays the way he plays, because he's allowed to. How dare he play physical and to the level of the officiating. I applaud the guy. He plays hard and plays to the level of the officiating, I don't see what's wrong with him. If you're going to be ****** about it, get ****** at the officials who let him play the way he does, but to take it out on a guy playing hard is weak. IMO.

Second, as Hawk fans the need to complain is becoming progressively worse. We don't have anything to complain about because the Hawks are still going, so we take advantage of the opportunity to jump at the opportunity to complain about a call that hurt our biggest rival? I'm losing my mind, because I simply can't find it in my heart to care how they did or didn't get screwed, let alone allow it to bother me. Glad they lost, hope more of our rivals do too in the near future.

Your correct, OSU is our hated rival and I wanted them to lose and they didn't hence I am complaining.

You can't rail against the officials/announcers re: Craft without attacking his abilities as a player. They say he's awesome, we say he's not. Is it his fault that people think he's a great defender? No, it's not. But I can't make any case with the opposite argument without some degree of evidence.

Latest posts