The osu-isu charge call - what people are forgetting and the ref missed

I believe they changed the rule in college ball some years back that you never ever get the bucket on a charge call.

I know the rule was like the nba then they changed it because it was too hard for the refs to see and always get correct.

I think that rule change is still in affect
I could swear I've seen them count shots on charges this season, but I can't point them out specifically so you could be right.

You look at the replays and the ball leaving his fingers while committing the foul were darn close. Since it is not reviewable you have to rely on the referees judgement on that play. But I can see the argument over that not being a charge in the first place, thing is refs have been calling it like that all season so at least they staying consistent.

I thought overall the refs did a good job. They actually kept Craft and OSU from their typical 2 handed mugging of the PG all game long as soon as they cross half court. I was happy about that, as I get sick of Craft 2 hand checking all over the court.

And Lucious was actually able to penetrate and either get up shots or kick out to McGee for great looks, which sparked the comeback.

Go figure.

And Lucious was actually able to penetrate and either get up shots or kick out to McGee for great looks, which sparked the comeback.

Go figure.

Gesell and clemmons will be better at getting that first step and shoulder past defenders next year. better wing shooters will open up the lane more

The ISU player was leaving the floor and in his shooting motion before craft established position.

It was a block.

We dont even need to argue about whether craft was in the so called inner circle or had his right heel hovering over that line.

When a player going up for a layup like that is leaving the floor you have to give him room to come down and/or you cant plant yourself late in his path.

I wanted OSU to win for B1g win % but it was a bad call. But I can see why a ref would miss it as he has about 4 things to look at as in contact?, in the inner circle?, was the defender there or was shooter elevating.

This is ignored time and time again by the officials every game.

In the first half he did two hand mug. Doesn't play defense, but does do what he can get away with.
When does Craft graduate? He is getting to be a regular Scott Skiles to me.

Get off the whole Craft thing..You are starting to sound like broken record..
He plays hard.
All Academic player. He made a great, game winning shot against our in-state rivals.
What in the hell did he ever do to you?
(sounds to me lie you are a closet clown fan.

Scott Skiles was a helluva player too.

Get off the whole Craft thing..You are starting to sound like broken record..
He plays hard.
All Academic player. He made a great, game winning shot against our in-state rivals.
What in the hell did he ever do to you?
(sounds to me lie you are a closet clown fan.

Scott Skiles was a helluva player too.

Did he ever do anything to me? No. But the incessant lovefest he gets from announcers and analysts for his "great defense" invades my life plenty enough. And considering that his defense really isn't that good, I'm especially sick of hearing about how phenomenal he is defensively.

He's like Tim Tebow to me. As a person, I've got nothing against him. Even as a player, I don't really have anything against him. It's the attention and praise he and Tebow gets/got from the media that drove people insane about them. The praise for Craft isn't as strong as it was for Tebow at Florida, but that's evened out by the fact that Craft's praise is often misplaced, while Tebow really was a great college player.

Did he ever do anything to me? No. But the incessant lovefest he gets from announcers and analysts for his "great defense" invades my life plenty enough. And considering that his defense really isn't that good, I'm especially sick of hearing about how phenomenal he is defensively.

He's like Tim Tebow to me. As a person, I've got nothing against him. Even as a player, I don't really have anything against him. It's the attention and praise he and Tebow gets/got from the media that drove people insane about them. The praise for Craft isn't as strong as it was for Tebow at Florida, but that's evened out by the fact that Craft's praise is often misplaced, while Tebow really was a great college player.

Spot on, he has a "reputation" as being a great defender and gets away with the strategy of "grab and hold" I don't think Craft is a great defender and apparently the Big Ten didn't either he was 2nd team all-defensive team, IIRC.

Solid player, but he is by no means a great defender. When I was watching the first half, I sent a message to my brother and said ISU better start playing defense after I saw Craft get to he hoop without any problems, he just isn't that great.

Basketball isnt reffed by the rulebook as there is not supposed to be any handchecking, grabbing, bumping and pushing and craft is one of those guys, and there are many, who do it all the time. they should have their 2nd foul called by 3 minutes into the game.

Not sure why those players get to do all the physical stuff and then are called such great defenders.

We all know how hard it is to drive on a guy or make a move when they are really hand checking.

If nothing else, I'm hoping these screw jobs are gone over in-depth in the off season. Will it make a difference? Dunno, but it's worth a shot. At the end of the day, it's basketball and crap like this will happen. Not that it makes it any easier.

The ISU player was leaving the floor and in his shooting motion before craft established position.

It was a block.

We dont even need to argue about whether craft was in the so called inner circle or had his right heel hovering over that line.

When a player going up for a layup like that is leaving the floor you have to give him room to come down and/or you cant plant yourself late in his path.

I wanted OSU to win for B1g win % but it was a bad call. But I can see why a ref would miss it as he has about 4 things to look at as in contact?, in the inner circle?, was the defender there or was shooter elevating.

Actually, the replay shows Thomas fouling him with his upper body just before the collision with Kraft.

Spot on, he has a "reputation" as being a great defender and gets away with the strategy of "grab and hold" I don't think Craft is a great defender and apparently the Big Ten didn't either he was 2nd team all-defensive team, IIRC.

Solid player, but he is by no means a great defender. When I was watching the first half, I sent a message to my brother and said ISU better start playing defense after I saw Craft get to he hoop without any problems, he just isn't that great.

Second team all-conference by the coaches, but he and Oladipo were unanimous defensive team choices. Oladipo deserves that, Craft, IMO, does not.

Basketball isnt reffed by the rulebook as there is not supposed to be any handchecking, grabbing, bumping and pushing and craft is one of those guys, and there are many, who do it all the time. they should have their 2nd foul called by 3 minutes into the game.

Not sure why those players get to do all the physical stuff and then are called such great defenders.

We all know how hard it is to drive on a guy or make a move when they are really hand checking.

Craft also whines and cries a lot. I can't stand him.

If nothing else, I'm hoping these screw jobs are gone over in-depth in the off season. Will it make a difference? Dunno, but it's worth a shot. At the end of the day, it's basketball and crap like this will happen. Not that it makes it any easier.

It will never go away until the officials are actually monitored.

Second team all-conference by the coaches, but he and Oladipo were unanimous defensive team choices. Oladipo deserves that, Craft, IMO, does not.

Agree and an announcer during the BTT must have mispoken about what team he was 2nd team.

It will never go away until the officials are actually monitored.

I suppose. I'm not one to whine about officials because typically both teams get their fair share of crap calls. It can down to ISU fumbling the rebound at the end of the game give tOSU the last shot. Oh well.

Latest posts