The only stat you need to know....

Perfect. Now I don't need to watch any more games this season. Come on, we all know the schedule gets tougher, but there's a reason games are actually played.

Iowa is 5-3 against FBS teams their last 8 games which includes wins over (1-6 ISU who beat 2-5 San Jose), (1-5 Miami Ohio with a win over 2-5 Kent State), (2-5 Rutgers with only 1 D1 win over New Mexico which is 3-3 with wins over South Dakota, San Jose (S J has wins over Portland and Nevada who has beaten no one decent) and Air Force who has beaten Abiline Christian, Navy, Georgia State and Utah State.)

and they are 17-4 versus FBS teams the last 21 games Thats winning at a clip of 81%

KFs style (shorten games, close to the vest on both sides) allows us to lose to crappy teams, but, also, hang in with good/great times. Rarely get blown out...

KFs style (shorten games, close to the vest on both sides) allows us to lose to crappy teams, but, also, hang in with good/great times. Rarely get blown out...

That's true, but only when execution is very good, penalties areally very few, and special teams are good. We will need all 3, plus a turnover resulting in points, to pull a win on Sat.

and they are 17-4 versus FBS teams the last 21 games Thats winning at a clip of 81%

It's all interesting for sure. I'm trying to be hopeful, but it ain't easy and if you ask DeanVogs it ain't easy being me. That said, the opponents of Iowa's D1 opponents and their opponents that beat Iowa's opponents this year have only wins over Texas and Utah to brag about. Other than that the accomplishments are pretty dismal. Actually very dismal. Iowa's 2 opponents that beat them are not that impressive. Cowherd would be having a hay day if Iowa were unbeaten.

I'm starting to think that a 7-5 record and a bowl bid is probably as good as this particular team can do. I'm thinking 7-5 would probably nail down some type of New Year's Day game for Iowa. I'm hoping for 2 more wins. We have a brutal schedule coming up, with three teams currently ranked in the Top 10.

It's all interesting for sure. I'm trying to be hopeful, but it ain't easy and if you ask DeanVogs it ain't easy being me. That said, the opponents of Iowa's D1 opponents and their opponents that beat Iowa's opponents this year have only wins over Texas and Utah to brag about. Other than that the accomplishments are pretty dismal. Actually very dismal. Iowa's 2 opponents that beat them are not that impressive. Cowherd would be having a hay day if Iowa were unbeaten.
Cowherd is a dickless dork. who in the hell cares what he has to say?

Think about this. If Iowa would have lost to Neb, Minn and ILL last year, they all would have finished with winning records.

But since Iowa beat them, they ended up with losing records.

Think about that.

I'm starting to think that a 7-5 record and a bowl bid is probably as good as this particular team can do. I'm thinking 7-5 would probably nail down some type of New Year's Day game for Iowa. I'm hoping for 2 more wins. We have a brutal schedule coming up, with three teams currently ranked in the Top 10.

I realized after the NDSU game that this Iowa team is probably a 7 or 8 win team. I do not think they are getting a New Year's day bowl. I am thinking more like Pinstripe or Holiday.

That's true, but only when execution is very good, penalties areally very few, and special teams are good. We will need all 3, plus a turnover resulting in points, to pull a win on Sat.
Add to this we'll need a good run defense and, well, the pass defense has never been good.

The record for the five teams that Iowa has beaten this year is a combined 11-22 and only one team has a winning percentage greater than .500

The record for the five remaining teams on our schedule is 22-8 and only one team with a winning percentage worse than 67%.

It is not inconceivable that we lose out the season and miss a bowl game.

Dang it! That's not the one I needed to know. You got anything else?

What has anyone seen from this team that makes them think we will beat anyone but Illinois? That Purdue team is one of the worst teams I've ever seen, and Minnesota not far behind. We struggled mightily with Minnesota. We have no passing game at all, and the upcoming teams will shut down our running game. So where do our points come from?
We are finally starting to find ourselves. We need to get a replacement for Bowers and if Ferentz 1 and 2 don't mess with the Purdue offensive line, we may be better off then what you are thinking.

The title of this post should be something like "A stat could indicate something, but doesn't tell you anything that a casual fan couldn't already tell you through observation."

Latest posts