The only stat you need to know....

hawkeye12345

The record for the five teams that Iowa has beaten this year is a combined 11-22 and only one team has a winning percentage greater than .500

The record for the five remaining teams on our schedule is 22-8 and only one team with a winning percentage worse than 67%.

It is not inconceivable that we lose out the season and miss a bowl game.

The record for the five teams that Iowa has beaten this year is a combined 11-22 and only one team has a winning percentage greater than .500

The record for the five remaining teams on our schedule is 22-8 and only one team with a winning percentage worse than 67%.

It is not inconceivable that we lose out the season and miss a bowl game.

It's hard to take your post seriously when your entire first paragraph is incorrect. Both NDSU and Minnesota have winning records. Our opponents also have a combined record of 18-20.

It's hard to take your post seriously when your entire first paragraph is incorrect. Both NDSU and Minnesota have winning records. Our opponents also have a combined record of 18-20.

And it is hard to take your post seriously when your reading comprehension skills suck. He was taking about the five teams that Iowa beat not the seven teams that Iowa has played.

Well, the thread title doesn't really match his post. But, the first paragraph is fine. He said "the teams Iowa has beaten".

Edit- Damnit Tate4 !!

Might be a coincidence but the number of wins secured to date by Wisky's defeated opponents is also 11. One difference being that Wisky has alre,ady locked up their Michigan loss.

the only stat I care about is Iowa is 17-2 in their last 19 regular season games. Think about that for awhile.

Iowa can lose to Michigan, and Penn State or Illinois and still have a good chance of winning the West if they win the others.

What has anyone seen from this team that makes them think we will beat anyone but Illinois? That Purdue team is one of the worst teams I've ever seen, and Minnesota not far behind. We struggled mightily with Minnesota. We have no passing game at all, and the upcoming teams will shut down our running game. So where do our points come from?

If Michigan doesn't drop 70 on us in our match up at kinnick, they dang sure will to impress the committee if we both make it to Indy

What has anyone seen from this team that makes them think we will beat anyone but Illinois? That Purdue team is one of the worst teams I've ever seen, and Minnesota not far behind. We struggled mightily with Minnesota. We have no passing game at all, and the upcoming teams will shut down our running game. So where do our points come from?
our MVP punter winning field position, winning the mental error battle, turnover margin. Did you watch last years shoot out? It isn't a big 12 game where defense is optional. The total will be one of the lowest on the board next week.

I have one more stat I would like to bring up. It is the current record in the Iowa-Wisconsin football history. Wisconsin leads with a record of 44-43-3. The score of the first game between these two teams was 44-0, Wisconsin.

It is crystal clear to me now that Iowa will win Saturday to even the score at 44. To many 4's in here not to be a lock. Symmetry will prevail here. We won't win 44-0 but I do expect some 4's in the final score.

Hawks a lock to win Saturday Remember where you heard it first!

the only stat I care about is Iowa is 17-2 in their last 19 regular season games. Think about that for awhile.

Iowa is 5-3 against FBS teams their last 8 games which includes wins over (1-6 ISU who beat 2-5 San Jose), (1-5 Miami Ohio with a win over 2-5 Kent State), (2-5 Rutgers with only 1 D1 win over New Mexico which is 3-3 with wins over South Dakota, San Jose (S J has wins over Portland and Nevada who has beaten no one decent) and Air Force who has beaten Abiline Christian, Navy, Georgia State and Utah State.)

MN who beat Oregon State who has beaten Cal Poly and Cal (1-6) who beat Texas, Hawaii and Utah...

and

Purdue who beat Nevada, E Kentucky and Illinois.

My head hurts, but Think about That.

There is no big win for any of the teams Iowa has beaten in the last 9 games. There is no big win for any of the teams that lost to any of the teams Iowa has beaten with maybe the exception of a couple of OK wins for California if you want to count Texas and Hawaii.

Then factor in the teams that Iowa was beaten by at Home. FCS ND and NW which lost to a MAC team at home and an FCS team at home.

What can one glean? Iowa is not a terrible team. Iowa is not a bad team.

What one cannot infer is that: Iowa is a good team.

What is not known yet by the last 8 D1 games is whether or not Iowa is an average P5 team.

They are going against a Good P5 team. The outlook by past results is not positive without hopium.

After we play Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan, Illinois, and Nebraska, I am going to submit a post to express my view of how good Iowa is. And, you can hold me to it.

Latest posts