***The Official Single Weirdest Game The Hawks Might Not Even Play Game Thread***

Fran with great call in interview to ESPN Sportscenter this am - sorry no link.

Love the fact that he is the Hawkeye Coach. Level headed and plain spoken.

Right now, 3.7% of people who contract it, die from it. I'm guessing that would work out to be that, if you know 25 people who have Coronavirus, one would die.
I've got really good news for you. 3.7% of people who get sick enough to go to the hospital die from this, but most people have such minor symptoms they don't even know they have it.

It will have a huge impact on the end results. It will slow down the spread and that's as important as anything at this point. Everyone's getting it, most can beat it, but some can't. If we want them to live, cancelling things that aren't necessary like sports, music etc is extremely important to SLOWING down the spread.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/10/21171...aHg88PbLlLlFo9M0CQnzvAueo-A-BL3yxnEbJ1BMhyqL4
If you agree that everyone is getting it, then slowing it down isn't preventing those people from dying. It's just delaying it.

If you agree that everyone is getting it, then slowing it down isn't preventing those people from dying. It's just delaying it.
Slowing it down provides a better shot at survival. Period. We may have vaccine if we can delay the outbreak. We will have a better shot at having better and faster testing. We will have more tests. More tests= more awareness to people who have it and then they will stay away from other people. We will be able to lesson the impact on our hospitals and supplies. More people will survive by being proactive towards it spreading. That’s science. That’s what Dr’s are telling the public. I’m not smarter then drs and scientists so I’m siding with them on this one.

Slowing it down provides a better shot at survival. Period. We may have vaccine if we can delay the outbreak. We will have a better shot at having better and faster testing. We will have more tests. More tests= more awareness to people who have it and then they will stay away from other people. We will be able to lesson the impact on our hospitals and supplies. More people will survive by being proactive towards it spreading. That’s science. That’s what Dr’s are telling the public. I’m not smarter then drs and scientists so I’m siding with them on this one.
I agree with all of that. You make it sound like if we slow it down our loved ones will live. That's not necessarily true. Both slowing it down and not slowing it down have huge consequences. It's very debatable which one is worse. It's not even a black and white answer. You have high risk people you are close to and can work from home. No brainer for you. I'm self employed and know no high risk people. No brainer for me.

I agree with all of that. You make it sound like if we slow it down our loved ones will live. That's not necessarily true. Both slowing it down and not slowing it down have huge consequences. It's very debatable which one is worse. It's not even a black and white answer. You have high risk people you are close to and can work from home. No brainer for you. I'm self employed and know no high risk people. No brainer for me.
You don’t know a single high risk person? You sound like you might have lived in quarantine before the Corona.

Didn't expect the best post in the thread to come from you. Nice work Gold.

Project1.jpg

I think the bold above is the benefit of slowing it down. It's out, it was never going to be completely stopped. The problem of having it happen fast is overwhelming the facilities where they may not be able to help some but may have if was slowed down. Those are going to be the small increase in % deaths. I don't think it's really going to deviate from the 3.7% death rate much, regardless how fast governments/countries act. This because this Coronavirus is different as people are walking around symptom free but as carriers, passing the virus not even realizing they are ill or have it.

The downfall of slowing it down is it effects the economy more, so there is collateral damage there.

Getting a vaccine within a year would be fast in itself. Testing has to be done to ensure there aren't severe side effects. I wish they could gamble on that a bit and just get it out.

You don’t know a single high risk person? You sound like you might have lived in quarantine before the Corona.

My stepmother is upper 60's, smoker for most of her life until the scare of her life several years ago. She has severe emphysema and on oxygen. If she gets it, she's unfortunately not going to survive. Her lung capacity is toast now.

Just like I said earlier, the vaccine will be introduced several months after everything dies down (no pun intended), and they'll claim the vaccine saved us all, and all the zombies won't think twice about it.

Latest posts