The Official...Hey, Iowa's playing Southern Utah Thread

If we can win the next 2, we only have 16 games left after those 2. Might be pretty difficult to win enough necessary for NIT. Never know though.
Don't think this team will win enough to get to the NIT. Probably need to be close to .500 in conference and just don't see them winning more than 6 or 7 in the BIG.

Don't think this team will win enough to get to the NIT. Probably need to be close to .500 in conference and just don't see them winning more than 6 or 7 in the BIG.
Probably right. I guess we should just be glad we'll win more than 10 games for the year.

I think they will definitly make the NIT if they show up like this every night. Thats a big if tho. Anyone else notice how much better the help defense has been lately?

I think they will definitly make the NIT if they show up like this every night. Thats a big if tho. Anyone else notice how much better the help defense has been lately?
They'd probably have to win 12 of the final 18 games. That's asking for a lot.

Oh crap. I take everything back. We might win the B1G!

If we could just erase the 2 Big 10 games and play them later, we would be sitting at 7-4 right now and I would still be hoping for a good conference run. Having already played and lost those 2 games just kills any chance we might have had.

They'd probably have to win 12 of the final 18 games. That's asking for a lot.

We could possibly sneak in with 11 more wins and one or two Big 10 tournament wins. That would be winning the next two, then going 9-7 in conference. That is still a tall task unfortunately.

It is disheartening to realize we took a step back this year but as long as I see improvement and competitive basketball I'm still on board. If for no other reason but to see Cook doing unspeakable things to the rim.

Probably right. I guess we should just be glad we'll win more than 10 games for the year.

o_O That's a bit premature.

After significant revisions (down) from original analysis and expectations, 10 was the over / under bar. It might move up if Hawks beat Colorado on a neutral floor but no higher than 12 - 14 and guaranteed no where near NIT level.
CBI or bust.:oops:

I didn't think the perimeter defense played all that well, the inside did for sure. They were leaving Southern Utah wide open on the perimeter and they couldn't make a shot.

I didn't think the perimeter defense played all that well, the inside did for sure. They were leaving Southern Utah wide open on the perimeter and they couldn't make a shot.
There was still too many wide open 3s for sure. But there will always be some. Any decent offense can get their share of open 3s with a 30 second shot clock. We completely quit giving up wide open lanes tho and that is huge. The defense that played last night would probably only have a couple losses right now.

Latest posts