The Official Duck Hunt your way to the Sweet 16 Game thread

All I'm going to say is that when your philosophy is built around outscoring opponents and defense is emphasized very little, then what do you expect when you don't defend and play teams that can score just as easily. We want exciting basketball, this is the product we get, and it will continue to be this way. To get to the next level you have to be able to keep teams from getting to the rim and take away the 3. We're not there nor will we be anytime soon.

Good season from a good team. It is what it is.

Good Lord. Here I was hoping the Zag-Boomer game would've started by now to give a little distraction. Not only suffer complete humiliation with all eyes on you, it's still 30 more minutes of conversation about it.

It's just f-ing glorious to be a Hawk.

Time to cheer the Ramblers on now

No sense dwelling on this

Not that it would be that much different

But the rest for the Ducks gave them

A bit more Oomph

This Can Be The Biggest Motivation - Aspiring Blog

All I'm going to say is that when your philosophy is built around outscoring opponents and defense is emphasized very little, then what do you expect when you don't defend and play teams that can score just as easily. We want exciting basketball, this is the product we get, and it will continue to be this way. To get to the next level you have to be able to keep teams from getting to the rim and take away the 3. We're not there nor will we be anytime soon.

Good season from a good team. It is what it is.

Or, at the very least, if you're philosophy is scoring ... THEN F-ING SCORE!
3 starters are scoreless and the "great shooters" go 3/13!? Not such a good philosophy when you can't even consistently deliver a respectable performance.

Time to cheer the Ramblers on now

No sense dwelling on this

Not that it would be that much different

But the rest for the Ducks gave them

A bit more Oomph

This Can Be The Biggest Motivation - Aspiring Blog

I'm sorry but the rest had nothing to do with it. Oregon played our game better than we did and played hard on the defensive end of the floor. It's not fair to Oregon to put this on the fact that they didn't play on Saturday. They kicked our ass on both ends of the floor and played harder. If we didn't have the bodies to play hard a day and a half after playing Grand Canyon we deserved to go home.

When only 2 starters get in the scorebook that makes it pretty tough to win. Oh and not playing any defense that kinda hurts too js..

I'm sorry but the rest had nothing to do with it. Oregon played our game better than we did and played hard on the defensive end of the floor. It's not fair to Oregon to put this on the fact that they didn't play on Saturday. They kicked our ass on both ends of the floor and played harder. If we didn't have the bodies to play hard a day and a half after playing Grand Canyon we deserved to go home.

Hope you get over it

I am getting ready to watch the rest of the games today

And the LadyHawks if I can find which channel they are on

Cheers

Last edited:
All I'll say for the Fran apologists on this post is hey at least he's consistent. And remember who could you get that's better? Well the good news is he now has a lifetime contract there's 0 pressure and we get to see 8 more years of EXACTLY the same thing. Patrick McCaffrey really stepped up toward the tail end of the year happy to see his development and Keagan gave us more than I think any of us thought he would his first year...so there were some bright spots for sure.

we didn't play defense in teh 2nd half against grand canyon either... we returned to our get burnt... overhelping defense for the ncaa tournament.

great timing.

Just for some perspective...
Sweet 16 appearances in the past 11 years
Loyola-Chicago 2
Oregon State. 1
Oral Roberts. 1
Middle Tenn St. 1
FRAN led Hawkeyes- 0000000000000000

Today Oregon Starting Guards- 63 points
Iowa Starting guards- JBo, Connor, CJ 00000000000000 points

Quite sad really

is there a list out there regarding active coaches over the age of 60 who have never made the sweet 16? Has to be a pretty small list ?

Latest posts