The Official "Do we really care anymore?" Field of Dreams vs. Groundhog Day Thread

One observation I had from this game and our previous matchup with Minny is that I don't know how Murphy doesn't foul out in about 5 minutes every game. That dude goes over the back on every F'ing rebound and it never gets called. The guy has very limited talent, but he hustles and somehow gets away with the constant over the backs.

I was being sarcastic

v1SR1lM.gif

One observation I had from this game and our previous matchup with Minny is that I don't know how Murphy doesn't foul out in about 5 minutes every game. That dude goes over the back on every F'ing rebound and it never gets called. The guy has very limited talent, but he hustles and somehow gets away with the constant over the backs.
I counted 5 or 6 times before I quit. And it's so obvious!

Is he contacting the other player? Going over the back isn't a foul unless he's creating other contact.

Is he contacting the other player? Going over the back isn't a foul unless he's creating other contact.
He's like a bull in a China shop. Kind of reminds me of Reggie Evans in that regard. We didn't have a problem with it when we had Reggie doing it. Now that it's a Gopher doing it, it's a problem. Imagine that?

He's like a bull in a China shop. Kind of reminds me of Reggie Evans in that regard. We didn't have a problem with it when we had Reggie doing it. Now that it's a Gopher doing it, it's a problem. Imagine that?

Yea it’s called being a fan. I’m not sure what the point of your comment was. Reggie Evans played at Iowa 17 years ago. Plus it doesn’t matter who’s doing it as it’s a foul either way. Obviously you’re going to notice it more when it’s the other team doing it.

Yea it’s called being a fan. I’m not sure what the point of your comment was. Reggie Evans played at Iowa 17 years ago. Plus it doesn’t matter who’s doing it as it’s a foul either way. Obviously you’re going to notice it more when it’s the other team doing it.
I was talking to an ISU fan and pointing out that we Iowa fans are no different than anyone else. Lol. It wasn't a dig at anyone. I'm as guilty as any other fan.

it may be true dailey may not be as good as ball handler as Bohanon but he is a much better defender and defense is our problem. if i was coach i would keep dailey at point guard as playing time at point would develop his skilll and improve our defense
We would never do that because it makes too much sense

When I ref I never call over the back when the offensive player gets lazy and doesn’t attempt a box out . The defensive player has just as much right to the ball. Unless of course somebody looks like they got pile drived then I call it

Remember when we used to hate announcers for not giving Iowa respect?

I now hate Jon Crispin for continuing to pimp this team.
I used to hate Jon Crispin for going Lafester Rhodes on us several times in his career, then reverting back to Jon Crispin the next game.

NW is going to kill us

They have out number anyway

Been that way for a few years
Right on cue they could barely hit the broad side of a barn from distance (4 for 13) against the Bucky's.

And right on cue they'll probably light us up for about 15-27 or something like that.

Actually we've have some recent success against the Cats, blowing them out in both buildings in recent years (Aaron White abs

NW is going to kill us

They have out number anyway

Been that way for a few years
Right on cue they could barely hit the broad side of a barn from distance (4 for 13) against the Bucky's.

And right on cue they'll probably light us up for about 15-27 or something like that.

Actually we've have some recent success against the Cats, blowing them out in both buildings in recent years (Aaron White absolutely owned them). But when they do beat us it almost seems to send us into a tailspin. Fortunately were we're catching them at the end of the year this time.

Actually we've have some recent success against the Cats, blowing them out in both buildings in recent years (Aaron White absolutely owned them). But when they do beat us it almost seems to send us into a tailspin. Fortunately were we're catching them at the end of the year this time.

Yeah, I must have been thinking of them beating us by 35 points last season at Northwestern, 89-54.....

Was one of the most humiliating defeats in my memory.....

We certainly owe them this year.....

:cool:

Yeah, I must have been thinking of them beating us by 35 points last season at Northwestern, 89-54.....

Was one of the most humiliating defeats in my memory.....

We certainly owe them this year.....

Yeah there's just something about those Evanston nerds. Their three pointers seem to count for four. When they hit six threes it seems like they hit twelve. I hated playing them during the Alford era. Steve seemed to invent ways to lose to them. Oh, that Evan Eschmeyer.

Yeah there's just something about those Evanston nerds. Their three pointers seem to count for four. When they hit six threes it seems like they hit twelve. I hated playing them during the Alford era. Steve seemed to invent ways to lose to them. Oh, that Evan Eschmeyer.

Still remember that one we threw away at Evanston when Pierre Pierce was playing for Alford. That was a tough one to lose.....

Latest posts