The official competition ramps up: Iowa @ Michigan game thread

Feels good to beat them on their own floor and despite the officials.

We were just flat and not quite in our groove that last game.

And one other thing…

These 8:00 tips are bullshit. I’m only 41 years old and it’s hell staying up this late. I don’t know how all of you octogenarians do it.

chinese food and beer almost put me out, barely could keep my eyes open toward the end there.

Fran’s teams have historically struggled on the road and they have this year with losses at Rutgers and PSU. Iowa now has TWO quad 1 wins and both are on the road.

We will beat Illinois. Even now, we are as good as any team in the BT. Who saw this coming! Not me. A couple of earlier games go our way and we (gulp) may have been playing for the big prize. Sure has been fun.
Illinois had a scare at home with Penn State, Iowa has a shot, house money man.

And one other thing…

These 8:00 tips are bullshit. I’m only 41 years old and it’s hell staying up this late. I don’t know how all of you octogenarians do it.
I am 61 and have to get up at 245 am for work……….. that’s 345 Iowa time.

Our old buddy @lightning1, who's son played at CR Prairie with them, said neither one of them were B1G caliber players.
Maybe they weren’t then, players develop differently. Had a buddy my freshman year at college who couldn’t finish a lay up, by junior year he was dunking on guys. We had a hella winning percentage in pick up games.

Wanted to wait until we won before I said this, but that was the worst officiating we've had this year.
I didn’t wait, they came out in the second half and bent over for the crowd. Didn’t matter, Iowa came to play took the game out of their hands.

Maybe they weren’t then, players develop differently. Had a buddy my freshman year at college who couldn’t finish a lay up, by junior year he was dunking on guys. We had a hella winning percentage in pick up games.
I remember Les Jepson could hardly get up and down the court as a freshman and then got drafted after his 5th yr. Played pro ball for 4-6yrs and earned $2.5-3M.

Big guys just take longer. When they quit growing and coordination catches up, then they can bloom quickly with hard work.