The next three weeks

No. But Danny's in San Francisco is open at 6am. Long drive.Chestnut St.But Dave's is closer and 8am happy hour is "happy" Rolling Rock chilled can..Eureka will do.. Go Hawks huh! And 1.50..

@HawkeyeDenis

Still waiting for your equation where Iowa can force it's way into the Big Ten title game if Wisconsin wins out...

I stopped after advanced algebra in college, so if you took analysis or calculus there might be something I'm missing.[/QUOTE

There is one scenario where Iowa wins out and doesn't win the West. They lose it by .5 game.

YES... Let us start Sat. Asap pleese..D-line from Hell.Noah 150yds+3 tds.Go Tough Hawk players.Always Tough...

For our big games over the last 2 years, Wadley always had an exaggerated role ('16 Mich, '16 Florida, '17 ISU, '17 OSU, '17 BC). I think this was by design: build offensive versatility throughout the season, but when the chips are down, let's make sure we are living and dying by our best play-maker.

With Fant getting healthy, and with Hockensen likely to attract more attention due to his recent success, I see Fant having the huge breakout game (nearing double-digit targets, 100+ yards) we have been expecting all year.

My fear is that the old Kirk (i.e., play conservatively, play not to lose) will be the game plan. The last time we saw that game plan was Wisconsin in the fourth quarter. Since Penn St is a top tier team I could, unfortunately, see the reemergence of the old Kirk. If that happens, then we will probably lose at PSU. That loss though unfortunate may be the last time it rears its ugly head.

My fear is that the old Kirk (i.e., play conservatively, play not to lose) will be the game plan. The last time we saw that game plan was Wisconsin in the fourth quarter. Since Penn St is a top tier team I could, unfortunately, see the reemergence of the old Kirk. If that happens, then we will probably lose at PSU. That loss though unfortunate may be the last time it rears its ugly head.

Some argue we messed up in the 4th quarter by trying to pass too much on the last couple of drives and not sticking with the running game (which was being successful at that point). I think @RobHowe made this claim.

I don't see the Wisconsin loss having anything to do with being over-conservative. I suppose you could say the D could have taken more chances on that final drive, but AJE was in, we blitzed a few times, Wisconsin just handled us. That loss was about mistakes in execution, not a faulty game-plan or in-game decisions.

This is the new dumbest post on HN.

Iowa, Purdue, and NW all require Wisconsin to lose to advance. If Wisconsin wins out, they win the west. There's nothing Iowa can do to stop it (even if the Hawks win out) because we already played them.

It's math. Are you a flat earther too?

Show us your scenario where Iowa gets into the CCG if Wisconsin wins out. I want to see that.

Wisconsin, NW....They control their own destiny. You could have made that same asinine prediction in August about the entire conference.

Wisconsin drops a game they are out of it.
Iowa drops a game they are out. Purdue, NW have to win out and get through WI
IF Iowa and Wisconsin win out. Iowa is .5 game back.

Thank you.

You're finally correcting your statement that you were telling people they were so wrong about.

Yeah, you got some cliche' you want to spout?
....They control their own destiny. No shirt Sherlock! Great insight.
My comments were about your use of an over used cliche'

Yeah, you got some cliche' you want to spout?
....They control their own destiny. No shirt Sherlock! Great insight.
My comments were about your use of an over used cliche'

giphy.gif

One doesn't want to get too excited about the Hawkeyes, you know how that plays out!
Agree.. But those Thoughts,Opinions are part of "fan" rights" huh?? But do agree much.Last games other teams were not upto 'a'bgame.This psu will be ready no doubt. Question is: how we respond?

Latest posts