The next three weeks

Tough to predict what will happen the next three weeks. I think we win 2 of 3, but hope for 3-0. If we beat PSU, I think we go 3-0. I think this Iowa team is beyond just good. The D is truly exceptional, and the O is better than anything I have seen at Iowa in a long time. Yeah, I know. That comment about the O is not saying much, but I think the change with BF has begun to mature and will likely get better as the year goes along. If we don't recognize a change in our O's approach to the game, we are truly blind.

SFNDSJV5MMY3XHMPIRIC3LZTQM.jpg
Well played OLD FRIEND...hope all is well with you!

Purdue and Wisconsin can control their own destinies though. We can't.

Every team controls their own destiny. The team that wins their remaining games wins the West. Purdue, Northwestern, Wisconsin or Iowa.

Purdue has to get past Iowa, Wisconsin. Purdue has one West loss. Iowa has one West loss. Wisconsin has to get past Penn State, Purdue, Northwestern. Northwestern has Iowa, Wisconsin as their top contenders. Wisconsin should drop Northwestern Saturday. That would give NW 2 conference losses. (Michigan)

One note. Purdue gets Iowa after their bye week. They have 2 weeks to prep for Iowa.

Every team controls their own destiny. The team that wins their remaining games wins the West. Purdue, Northwestern, Wisconsin or Iowa.
Wrong, and wrong.

Iowa can win out and still not win the west because Wisconsin owns the tie breaker between us; they would have to lose another game for the Hawks to win the division.

If Iowa and Wisconsin both win out we’re headed to the Holiday or Taxslayer Bowl and they are off to Indianapolis for the B1G title game. That’s assuming a B1G team gets selected to the CFP. If not, due to Bowl agreements we’d get kicked down to the Pinstripe or San Francisco Bowl.

That quite literally means Iowa doesn’t control their own destiny. Not sure what’s difficult to understand about that.

Last edited:
Wrong, and wrong.

Iowa can win out and still not win the west because Wisconsin owns the tie breaker between us; they would have to lose another game for the Hawks to win the division.

If Iowa and Wisconsin both win out we’re headed to the Holiday or Taxslayer Bowl and they are off to Indianapolis for the B1G title game. That’s assuming a B1G team gets selected to the CFP. If not, due to Bowl agreements we’d get kicked down to the Pinstripe or San Francisco Bowl.

That quite literally means Iowa doesn’t control their own destiny. Not sure what’s difficult to understand about that.

Purdue does not control their own destiny either. They lost to NW, so if NW and Purdue both win out, NW gets it.

Folks, now pay attention.

Wisconsin and Northwestern both control their own destiny.

Iowa and Purdue do not.

All 4 teams play this Saturday.

Since Wisconsin and NW play each other this Saturday, the winner will still be in control of its destiny and the loser will not.

If wisc beats NW, and Purdue beats MSU this Saturday then suddenly Purdue will control its own destiny going into the Iowa game.

If NW beats Wisc, and Iowa beats PSU this Saturday then suddenly Iowa will control its own destiny going into the Purdue game.

Last edited:

Purdue has to get past Iowa, Wisconsin. Purdue has one West loss. Iowa has one West loss. Wisconsin has to get past Penn State, Purdue, Northwestern. Northwestern has Iowa, Wisconsin as their top contenders. Wisconsin should drop Northwestern Saturday. That would give NW 2 conference losses. (Michigan)

One note. Purdue gets Iowa after their bye week. They have 2 weeks to prep for Iowa.

Actually Purdue plays at MSU this Saturday.

This post was a major fail.

This post was a major fail.

You've been listening too many talking heads spouting out cliché's like; "Northwestern and Wisconsin control their own destiny"

Northwestern, Wisconsin, Purdue, Iowa.

None of these teams can lose another conference game and expect to win the West.

The winner of the West will have 1 conference loss.

So saying Wisconsin and Northwestern control their own destiny is such a cliche'. All these teams all control their own destiny.

Wisconsin is at NW, PSU and Purdue.
Iowa is at PSU, Purdue. Hosts NW
Purdue is at MSU and hosts Iowa, Wisconsin
NW hosts Wisconsin, travels to Iowa.

Now after watching the games Saturday, where do you think this race is going to end up?

Wrong, and wrong.

If Iowa wins out, not a chance in hell we are going to Pinstripe or Taxslayer. As in , ZERO chance. Citrus Bowl will BEG for the chance to snag us. And frankly, we would probably be in a NY6 bowl. Holiday would even be an outlier for a 1-loss Iowa. This isn't 1991.

You've been listening too many talking heads spouting out cliché's like; "Northwestern and Wisconsin control their own destiny"

Northwestern, Wisconsin, Purdue, Iowa.

None of these teams can lose another conference game and expect to win the West.

The winner of the West will have 1 conference loss.

So saying Wisconsin and Northwestern control their own destiny is such a cliche'. All these teams all control their own destiny.

Wisconsin is at NW, PSU and Purdue.
Iowa is at PSU, Purdue. Hosts NW
Purdue is at MSU and hosts Iowa, Wisconsin
NW hosts Wisconsin, travels to Iowa.

Now after watching the games Saturday, where do you think this race is going to end up?
This is the new dumbest post on HN.

Iowa, Purdue, and NW all require Wisconsin to lose to advance. If Wisconsin wins out, they win the west. There's nothing Iowa can do to stop it (even if the Hawks win out) because we already played them.

It's math. Are you a flat earther too?

Show us your scenario where Iowa gets into the CCG if Wisconsin wins out. I want to see that.

We can’t historically defend rushing quarterbacks well. Never have. Minnesota‘s wildcat package was the only thing that was effective against us and if they weren’t such a shitty team otherwise, it would have been a bad day. For the life of me I can’t figure out why they didn’t stick with it. PJ Fleck being an idiot is the only thing I can come up with.

Penn State is definitely the biggest problem from here on out. McSorley has over 550 yards on the ground which is more than all 3 of our RBs, and almost as many passing yards as Stanley.

If we are loading up because of McSorley’s run threat, then god help Moss and Hankins/Brents. How many times have we seen Hooker and Gervase bail Moss and Brents out because they’re out of position? We won’t have that option against PSU, and guess what...McSorley is going to hit those blown coverages that Annexstad and Ramsey didn’t. Michigan State beat them because of a single dumb play call by Franklin, and their corners playing lockdown D. Definitely not the zone prevent stuff that we have to play because of inexperience.

It’s also in State College which, if you’ve ever been there in person, is the most intimidating place at night (along with Kinnick maybe) in the Big Ten. It’s twice as loud as Kinnick and painful on 3rd down.

Beat Penn State and things will get interesting. Lose to them, and it’s an above average season that coulda, woulda, and shoulda been something special.

Um, this Sat's game is a 2:30 start. Not a night game.

@HawkeyeDenis

Still waiting for your equation where Iowa can force it's way into the Big Ten title game if Wisconsin wins out...

I stopped after advanced algebra in college, so if you took analysis or calculus there might be something I'm missing.

Latest posts