The Loudest Kinnick Stadium in the Ferentz Era

It was this game. This game might be the loudest Kinnick has ever been too. It was louder on first and second down in this game than most thirds downs at Kinnick this year.

[video=youtube;PkftlqO_MSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkftlqO_MSs[/video]

Awesome. Not sure why everyone is afraid of Bucky. We used to crap kick them with regularity, almost our little bro

As much as the hawks have improved and looked better than I thought they would this year, the team in this video is no comparison and I don't mean in talent. Kirk looks more energized and we didn't take any **** from anybody and weren't afraid to put our finger in someones chest. WAY MORE SWAGGER 9 years ago.

Been to every home game since 2000 and nothing can beat the 2005 Ohio State. The game, well that's a different story.

Been to every home game since 2000 and nothing can beat the 2005 Ohio State. The game, well that's a different story.

Probably mean 2006 Ohio State with College Gameday in town.
Wife and I drove up from Nashville, Tennessee, just for that game.
The game turned into a dud, but the pregame atmosphere was amazing.

2004 Wisconsin, IMO, would have been the best game to attend in the Ferentz era.
Winning a share of the Big Ten in dominating fashion, considering all of the injuries at RB.
Tate, that season, reminds me a lot of Johnny Manziel.

First half of the 2002 Iowa State game, most every play was successful and the crowd was visually like a swarm of bees just constant motion. And the sound was the loudest I have heard on all those good offensive plays and defensive stops.

As much as the hawks have improved and looked better than I thought they would this year, the team in this video is no comparison and I don't mean in talent. Kirk looks more energized and we didn't take any **** from anybody and weren't afraid to put our finger in someones chest. WAY MORE SWAGGER 9 years ago.

Bingo. And I think it starts at the top. Something happened to KFz, whether it was the big contract, fatigue, low testosterone (and I'm only half kidding on that...most guys just "lose it" at some point in their 50s) or what. But he looks like a shell of the guy he was in many of these earlier videos.

I've been to every game since 2003, and a few games stand out:

2003:
Arizona State (night game)
Michigan

2004:
Wisconsin (Big Ten title)

2006:
#1 Ohio State comes to town. I've never heard Kinnick as loud before, or since as it was at the start of that game! Unbelievable. The place would have come apart if Iowa would have won, but OSU beat us pretty good.

2008:
Wisconsin. Not the loudest, but was Shonn Greene's big day. Just killed the Badgers on the ground. Crowd loved it.

2009:
Michigan night game. Wolverines gave Iowa a run even though Rodriguez was the coach. Got pretty loud in the second half a few times. Iowa slips by for the win.

Wisconsin. Most of that game was electric. Right before they went for that fake punt, Kinnick was so loud you would have have had to yell at the person directly beside you in order for them to hear you. Incredible.

If Kinnick is anything like some of these games this Saturday, then it will give Iowa an edge. Perhaps the Hawks are on the verge of regaining their magic. The crowd feeds on that. The end of regulation and OT versus Northwestern reminds me of the "good old days" under Kirk Ferentz.

Probably mean 2006 Ohio State with College Gameday in town.
Wife and I drove up from Nashville, Tennessee, just for that game.
The game turned into a dud, but the pregame atmosphere was amazing.

I agree. If Iowa wins that game I'm not sure Iowa City would have had a building left standing by the end of the night. Folks were pumped-up.

I was watching the greatest games the other night and my wife who is a husker fan (if you want to call her that) was in the background and when the refs said the crowd had to quiet down she started watching and was saying what bs that was.
Reason i say she is not a real fan is i was telling her they played nu this week and she says so our season is over, we expect perfection. Awhile later fry was on and made the comment about punching in the mouth for a good game that we lost. I said see we strive for perfection also, but we are smart enough to know it is very hard to achieve.

Not trying to brag or anything, but I had the privelege of being Herky from 03-04, and I remember 2003 Arizona St, 2003 Michigan, 2004 Purdue, and 2004 Wisconsin being the loudest; 2002 Purdue was pretty rowdy too, but I was a Freshman in the stands, but I digress. It seems that the fans back then were a lot more "into it". Granted, the Hawks were on a home game win streak that hadn't been seen in Kinnick ever and Ferentz's teams somehow reloaded themselves with "step-up" players that hit their strides at the right time in their collegiate carreers to excel those teams. Either way, this year reminds me of the 2001 season...a budding offense with a defense that is really starting to come around; a team that builds leads in the first half, only to watch it dwindle in the second half and barely lose/win. These guys are learning how to compete and I have a good feeling about the rest of this season and a few to follow. This program and fanbase are primed for a resurgence.

I actually think the 2010 Wisconsin game was louder than 2004.

I've had tickets since 2001. IMO, the absolute loudest peak I've ever heard was Greenwood's pick in the 2010 game that we all thought sealed the deal. Unfortunately we were wrong.

Agree about 2006 OSU being electric at kick.

2003 Michigan might have been the loudest/longest sustained defensive noise.

Most redonkulous was Purdue 2002.

2004 Wisconsin the greatest moment, the only time I've seen the Hawkeyes presented the Big Ten Trophy on Kinnick Stadium turf. The day started with us seemingly out of the title picture. OSU/UM upset as Iowa kicked off made it possible, 3 hours later there was a surprise trophy presentation in front of us. Incredible day.

The OT against NW was the loudest its been in a while lately. Lets keep it up Saturday.

The 2006 O$U game was the loudest imo. When we scored that first TD I about lost my hearing.

Latest posts