The Loudest Kinnick Stadium in the Ferentz Era

Its been 28 years since they won an outright title.

Back to the topic, the MSU game in 2000 was really loud as well. I thought the place was going to implode when Iowa's D got that final stop. Sat right behind two MSU fans. They had the ultimate "WTF Happened?" looks on their faces.

Iowa football outright championships.

The most recent is 1985. Prior to that, in order from most recent: 1958, 1956, 1921, 1896.

somehow i'm sure Ferentz will get the blame for lack of outright championships for iowa football.

I wasn't at most of the games referenced in the thread, but the loudest/craziest I've ever been there for was the 2002 Purdue game. I was in the corner of the end zone right above Dallas Clark's go-ahead TD grab in the final minutes, and for a second I thought the bleachers were going to collapse.

Season tickets since 1989.....sure there was some better ones before my time, but Ohio State in 2006 was hands down the loudest I have ever heard Kinnick.

Season tickets since 1989.....sure there was some better ones before my time, but Ohio State in 2006 was hands down the loudest I have ever heard Kinnick.

you were at the osu iowa game then when osu won on that last second td pass in the south endzone. that was the single loudest moment i've ever experienced in kinnick stadium. that place was literally shaking. coincidently, the single most quiet moment also happened in that game.......

It was this game. This game might be the loudest Kinnick has ever been too. It was louder on first and second down in this game than most thirds downs at Kinnick this year.

[video=youtube;PkftlqO_MSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkftlqO_MSs[/video]

I was at that game and it was awesome!!!

Iowa football outright championships.

The most recent is 1985. Prior to that, in order from most recent: 1958, 1956, 1921, 1896.

somehow i'm sure Ferentz will get the blame for lack of outright championships for iowa football.

Exhibit A on why fans need to wake up and realize how extremely difficult it is to win big at Iowa in the B10. Although you almost have to give Ferentz credit in 2002. They went undefeated in the conference. Not much else he could have done.

On the flip side I also believe its pretty difficult to lose big at Iowa to. High revenue numbers, sufficient budget to compete on and off the field, fantastic platform to showcase the program with BTN, the overall ease of their conference for many years, and annual soft non-conference schedule.

It doesn't surprise me that Kirk doesn't often have seasons that fit into the "win big" or "lose big" categories. He's basically working with what he's got and has a lot of the "middle of the road" type seasons.

Thankfully for him, Iowa's program has a massive fan following which has earned his team great bowl opportunities that most other programs with the same quality are not afforded.

Thankfully for Iowa fans, his teams have had some good success in those bowls they have helped the program get to.

Anyone notice that stat they put up at halftime? To that point in the KF era, he was 25-1 when leading at halftime....and after that game, he went to 26-1 ....this year we are 5-3....he did not get dumb...

If you're watching that Iowa/Wisconsin video, what is that bronze blur behind the Iowa bench between 6:00 and 6:05? You barely see a flash.

yeah, that is it. that was a pretty depressing post game. coulda heard a pin drop. of course, it sounds loud after the TD, but that was the audio catch in that corner where the visiting fans sit. iowa gave up a bad TD prior to half time - should have never lost that game.

The loudest I ever heard it was in the 2nd half against Wisconsin in 2010. When Iowa got an interception which led to a field goal to put them up six, the place was just deafening. Never heard it that loud before. Then the next possession, when it was 3rd down and the bell tolled...it went to 11. Of course the next play was the fake punt.

I was on the sidelines the entire game working for the BTN at that time...it's still one of the three or four most amazing games I have ever witnessed and had Iowa won it, it easily would be my personal #1 I have witnessed.

Arizona State in 2003 might be the most sustained noise I have heard..the crowd was in unison with the defense that day. It was pretty awesome.

The team's entry onto the field from the tunnel for the Iowa State game in 2010 was pretty freaking awesome. Here was the video I shot of that

The Swarm: 2010 Iowa-ISU Intro - YouTube

I've had tickets since 2001. IMO, the absolute loudest peak I've ever heard was Greenwood's pick in the 2010 game that we all thought sealed the deal. Unfortunately we were wrong..

Yup. this was it. total bedlam. Mike Hlas has been covering Iowa home games since the 1980's and he said told me that was the loudest he had ever heard it. He was in the press box. I was on the field, and I tried yelling to see if I could hear myself and the only way I knew I was making any sounds (because I couldn't hear my own voice) was to feel the vibration in my throat.

Yup. this was it. total bedlam. Mike Hlas has been covering Iowa home games since the 1980's and he said told me that was the loudest he had ever heard it. He was in the press box. I was on the field, and I tried yelling to see if I could hear myself and the only way I knew I was making any sounds (because I couldn't hear my own voice) was to feel the vibration in my throat.

Jon, good to hear our opinions agree. Damn, the program has slid since then. Lets turn it around today!

Latest posts