The Loudest Kinnick Stadium in the Ferentz Era

Not trying to brag or anything, but I had the privelege of being Herky from 03-04, and I remember 2003 Arizona St, 2003 Michigan, 2004 Purdue, and 2004 Wisconsin being the loudest; 2002 Purdue was pretty rowdy too, but I was a Freshman in the stands, but I digress. It seems that the fans back then were a lot more "into it". Granted, the Hawks were on a home game win streak that hadn't been seen in Kinnick ever and Ferentz's teams somehow reloaded themselves with "step-up" players that hit their strides at the right time in their collegiate carreers to excel those teams. Either way, this year reminds me of the 2001 season...a budding offense with a defense that is really starting to come around; a team that builds leads in the first half, only to watch it dwindle in the second half and barely lose/win. These guys are learning how to compete and I have a good feeling about the rest of this season and a few to follow. This program and fanbase are primed for a resurgence.

i was going to chime in the ASU game you reference. i was there, it was loud.

So Penn State 08 wasn't loud?... Even after Murray kicks the game winner???

I got to deal to him a couple months ago..haha he's a small dude, just as you'd expect kickers to be I guess..

I've had tickets since 2001. IMO, the absolute loudest peak I've ever heard was Greenwood's pick in the 2010 game that we all thought sealed the deal. Unfortunately we were wrong.

Agree about 2006 OSU being electric at kick.

2003 Michigan might have been the loudest/longest sustained defensive noise.

Most redonkulous was Purdue 2002.

2004 Wisconsin the greatest moment, the only time I've seen the Hawkeyes presented the Big Ten Trophy on Kinnick Stadium turf. The day started with us seemingly out of the title picture. OSU/UM upset as Iowa kicked off made it possible, 3 hours later there was a surprise trophy presentation in front of us. Incredible day.

The OT against NW was the loudest its been in a while lately. Lets keep it up Saturday.

All of the above were awesome moments but i havent seen 2008 Penn ST mentioned yet. As Murray's kick sailed through...the crowd blew the roof off.

So Penn State 08 wasn't loud?... Even after Murray kicks the game winner???

I got to deal to him a couple months ago..haha he's a small dude, just as you'd expect kickers to be I guess..

The 2008 PSU game was really cold and windy. Most people were wearing gloves so it wasn't as loud during most of the game.

Although, after he made that kick it got quite a bit louder.

It was this game. This game might be the loudest Kinnick has ever been too. It was louder on first and second down in this game than most thirds downs at Kinnick this year.

[video=youtube;PkftlqO_MSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkftlqO_MSs[/video]
No Way! That's Great... UMASS BEAT HOFSTRA!

2008 PSU was great, I don't remember it being particularly loud. Partially because it ended with us on offense, rather than defense.

I do remember everyone losing their **** one minute into the game when PSU fumbled into the end zone for what should have been a safety. The refs gifted them possession at the one inch line.

And the cheers for Murray's kick were quickly undermined by the idiots running on the field with time still on the clock.

It was this game. This game might be the loudest Kinnick has ever been too. It was louder on first and second down in this game than most thirds downs at Kinnick this year.

[video=youtube;PkftlqO_MSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkftlqO_MSs[/video]

I agree with the OP, this game was unreal, with the Michigan upset occuring earlier in the day and Iowa having a shot at winning the B10 title the envrionment walking around Kinnick was electric. Still remember sitting in the stands as the trophy rolled out and Kirk spoke to the crowd great times. Also, Iowa got in a couple pickles early due to two Drew Tate picks after that we just stomped the life out of them. Go Hawks...

Check out the end of that video. The field is covered with fans, trophy presentation.... No wonder my wife and I were crying tears of joy.

The comeback against Pitt was loud, but would have been even louder if so many wouldn't have left early.

1985 MSU game when Long ran the bootleg off the fake to Harmon was absolute CRAZY-ness. The tailgating after the 1985 Michigan game--in a drizzle--felt like it might last until the following week.

It's been almost 10 freaking years since we last won a Big Ten title???

Its been 28 years since they won an outright title.

Back to the topic, the MSU game in 2000 was really loud as well. I thought the place was going to implode when Iowa's D got that final stop. Sat right behind two MSU fans. They had the ultimate "WTF Happened?" looks on their faces.

Latest posts