The Lark Supper Club

Halfway between Dubuque and Madison in the city of Dodgeville hails a place called Bob's Bitchin BBQ. Briskets are their specialty. In the forty five to an hour that you would have to wait at a Madison restaurant after an Iowa Wisconsin game you can travel to Bob's and you will not be disappointed.
Good tip.

Here's an old interior picture of The Lark.........

card00550_fr.jpg

They also had a table or two in a little alcove overlooking what I assume was a band/dance area. Not being into Lawrence Welk at the time, I never partook...

I've been following this guy for awhile - basically he travels around Iowa and eats at hundreds of different restaurants in Iowa. Definitely opened my eyes for some off-the-beaten-path restaurants.

Link

Yes, I/we ate there more than several times, excellent steak house and that cold wedge salad was great. It was a major Jim Zabel drinking hole after calling games and I think the Big Z got a few DUIs after leaving there but that was so long ago it hardly affected your record.

The Lark reopened out on Hiway 1 west of Riverside Dr some time after the fire, food was still great but it wasnt as old time or as quaint an atmosphere there.

The Lark reopened out on Hiway 1 west of Riverside Dr some time after the fire, food was still great but it wasnt as old time or as quaint an atmosphere there.

That place was pretty average...I left there after eating thinking I'd cheated on my girlfriend or something when comparing it to the original.

No one has mentioned the onion rings..loved those tbings there.

That place was pretty average...I left there after eating thinking I'd cheated on my girlfriend or something when comparing it to the original.

No one has mentioned the onion rings..loved those tbings there.
The Lark in Iowa City is now Midtown Cafe. It's a nice cozy cafe that has pretty good food, and they carry Kathy's Pies. We go there for breakfast for the early morning Iowa games.