The Kentucky Fried....Iowa on offense don't play like a chicken official Citrus Bowl Game thread

Will they ever learn the lesson? Make adjustments, take the lead, then they try to nurse it safely home. Just go with what got you there instead of playing not to lose. You know what happens when you play not to lose instead of playing to win. Annnd "pussy ball" is not what the fans love to see. We want to really go for that first down and get it. No one is saying "what a great finish how they nursed that clock down all the way". Annnnnd part2 :) nobody is falling for that 4th down draw them off sides thing anymore.
Over all these years it it that very mindset of playing not to lose that has kept this program from greatness. Came out with the lead and did that same ole shit of try to run some time off the clock, punt the ball, and hope for a defensive stand.

Perhaps the game came down to two plays

The miracle pass to Robinson that led to a TD

And Cap not calling a TO on that last desperate play

NoneTheLess, a very entertaining game to watch

One MFing Play

That's the Way it Goes

On to Maryland at Carver Monday Night

You mean the miracle pass that Robison was wide open on. That's not a miracle. That's called prevent defense and doesn't work well with a talent like Robinson.

Over all these years it it that very mindset of playing not to lose that has kept this program from greatness. Came out with the lead and did that same ole shit of try to run some time off the clock, punt the ball, and hope for a defensive stand.

What he said!

Happy Linderbaum came back in the game. Hope he's not more hurt than it looked on TV. The question is, what will he do next year? Come back or go to the NFL?
He gone. Nothing to gain unless he really is having a lot of fun. If he does come back that is an enormous vote of confidence in this team going forward, but I do not expect him to.

I think the BF called a decent game he just has a qb that can’t ever go off script without losing his mind. Plus throws the ball so erratically and has panic plays. The guy has such a hard time putting back to back plays together. He had time today, no excuses.

Either BF (or KF) left in a qb that was awful the whole game. Petras made maybe 3 decent downfield throws, and 2 of those his TE bailed him out with excellent catches.

He did make decent adjustments on playcalling in 2nd , but waited way too long to focus on run game when his backs were avg 6+ yards/carry.

Our pass game consisted of screen plays. Which is fine, it worked.

I cannot give credit to coaching staff that chose to leave in a qb that was playing that poorly.

Either BF (or KF) left in a qb that was awful the whole game. Petras made maybe 3 decent downfield throws, and 2 of those his TE bailed him out with excellent catches.

He did make decent adjustments on playcalling in 2nd , but waited way too long to focus on run game when his backs were avg 6+ yards/carry.

Our pass game consisted of screen plays. Which is fine, it worked.

I cannot give credit to coaching staff that chose to leave in a qb that was playing that poorly.
Padilla is worse. Sorry. Dude is under a 50% completion percentage. He belongs in D2 ball. It is however inexcusable that we never saw Labas this season.

Padilla is worse. Sorry. Dude is under a 50% completion percentage. He belongs in D2 ball. It is however inexcusable that we never saw Labas this season.
Possibly. But despite all, it looked like offense moved better with him. I certainly don't believe he's the answer, but given the oline play and minimal running game...his mobility was better.

Petras peak is immobile, panicked, game manager at his best. At his worst...well...see today.

Again....I don't believe Padilla is the future, just believe his upside was better than Peteas, based on what my untrained eyes saw this year.

Possibly. But despite all, it looked like offense moved better with him. I certainly don't believe he's the answer, but given the oline play and minimal running game...his mobility was better.

Petras peak is immobile, panicked, game manager at his best. At his worst...well...see today.

Again....I don't believe Padilla is the future, just believe his upside was better than Peteas, based on what my untrained eyes saw this year.
Agree, but if the OL that played today Sept. 3, 2022, we are going to have a good season. That was the best the OL has looked against a quality opponent all year.

I was all in on Padilla weeks before his first game, based on his mobility, and even into the season. But his play against Illinois after everything we had already seen from him was enough for me to never want to see him in an Iowa uniform again.

Agree, but if the OL that played today Sept. 3, 2022, we are going to have a good season. That was the best the OL has looked against a quality opponent all year.

I was all in on Padilla weeks before his first game, based on his mobility, and even into the season. But his play against Illinois after everything we had already seen from him was enough for me to never want to see him in an Iowa uniform again.

Refreshing Harshness

Alright Alright Alright

Whoa, Utah ahead of OSU right now

:cool:

Fair enough. Padilla may not be the answer, but it absolutely clear that Petras definitely is not. I really hope Labas is.... and is given a real shot because none of us will know unless they play him. We'll just hear "(Petras/Padilla) give us the best chance blah blah blah" .....

Hell...what do I know. Watching the level of QB play I saw today...with no change even attempted.... just...shit. Does BF/KF really think the fanbase believes another qb couldn't hand off the ball and run screens...which is all Petras did effectively.

Welp....and off season of wonder and conjecture. Cause I can't see Petras leaving on his own...who the hell is gonna take him with the tape he has...

Ahhh...the life of a Hawkeye fan.

Fair enough. Padilla may not be the answer, but it absolutely clear that Petras definitely is not. I really hope Labas is.... and is given a real shot because none of us will know unless they play him. We'll just hear "(Petras/Padilla) give us the best chance blah blah blah" .....

Hell...what do I know. Watching the level of QB play I saw today...with no change even attempted.... just...shit. Does BF/KF really think the fanbase believes another qb couldn't hand off the ball and run screens...which is all Petras did effectively.

Welp....and off season of wonder and conjecture. Cause I can't see Petras leaving on his own...who the hell is gonna take him with the tape he has...

Ahhh...the life of a Hawkeye fan.

:cool:

Why would Padilla stay? You can’t play ahead of the guy that can’t hit open receivers? The OC continues to be the problem. It is so hard to watch such a basic ineffective offense. Once again no other big name program would hire this guy as OC. Look at the stats. They speak for themselves.
This

Happy Linderbaum came back in the game. Hope he's not more hurt than it looked on TV. The question is, what will he do next year? Come back or go to the NFL?

Go, Baby

Bip Bip GIF - Bip Bip - Descubre & Comparte GIFs