The Kentucky Fried....Iowa on offense don't play like a chicken official Citrus Bowl Game thread

Will they ever learn the lesson? Make adjustments, take the lead, then they try to nurse it safely home. Just go with what got you there instead of playing not to lose. You know what happens when you play not to lose instead of playing to win. Annnd "pussy ball" is not what the fans love to see. We want to really go for that first down and get it. No one is saying "what a great finish how they nursed that clock down all the way". Annnnnd part2 :) nobody is falling for that 4th down draw them off sides thing anymore.

Played a Good Game

Remarkable season

Where were the 3 turnovers

Very good game

Nothing to be ashamed of at all

This one is on Kirk, not calling a timeout there

Kentucky is a solid team

Finishing 10-3 in the SEC is not that easy to do

Bent and Broke

One play decided the game

:cool:

You must still be drunk from New years. Iowa ran well in the 2nd half and played good defense part of the game. That's about all.

Will they ever learn the lesson? Make adjustments, take the lead, then they try to nurse it safely home. Just go with what got you there instead of playing not to lose. You know what happens when you play not to lose instead of playing to win. Annnd "pussy ball" is not what the fans love to see. We want to really go for that first down and get it. No one is saying "what a great finish how they nursed that clock down all the way".
When a new coaching staff happens

Why would Padilla stay? You can’t play ahead of the guy that can’t hit open receivers? The OC continues to be the problem. It is so hard to watch such a basic ineffective offense. Once again no other big name program would hire this guy as OC. Look at the stats. They speak for themselves.

AT THE HALF:

It's the O stupid! Its always the O. And Iowa's WR are don't scare anyone. This is that syndrome we've seen where Iowa can't stretch the field and they just squat and stop the hawks.

The Oline is playing OK.

Petras I think is slow to get the ball out. But the WRs are not open

POST GAME

The defense played lights out. Very proud of our lads. And the oline really seemed to gel. This half game was fun to watch, regardless of the outcome. I wonder what Iowa could have done today with a better quarterback. There were some plays left out there

Why would Padilla stay? You can’t play ahead of the guy that can’t hit open receivers? The OC continues to be the problem. It is so hard to watch such a basic ineffective offense. Once again no other big name program would hire this guy as OC. Look at the stats. They speak for themselves.
I don't know why either would stay. The guy behind them and the incoming 4 star freshman are both better.

POST GAME

The defense played lights out. Very proud of our lads. And the oline really seemed to gel. This half game was fun to watch, regardless of the outcome. I wonder what Iowa could have done today with a better quarterback. There were some plays left out there
They win by double digits with a decent QB

I think the BF called a decent game he just has a qb that can’t ever go off script without losing his mind. Plus throws the ball so erratically and has panic plays. The guy has such a hard time putting back to back plays together. He had time today, no excuses.

I think the BF called a decent game he just has a qb that can’t ever go off script without losing his mind. Plus throws the ball so erratically and has panic plays. The guy has such a hard time putting back to back plays together. He had time today, no excuses.

Who's responsible for the QB being on the field. The head coach and OC. Nuff said.

Reactions: haw
Petras dropping the ball on 4th down and Kirk wasting a timeout trying to draw them offsides (which NEVER) works, especially since a DOG penalty would given Tory better room to kick, we’re the most moronic plays of that game. Those two things don’t happen we have a chance and Petras doesn’t have to hurry up and throw that pick at the end.

We got outcoached and our QB isn’t very good. You don’t win ballgames like that.
Everyone knows how I feel about wanting a change. You mention the core of the problem. Can’t get a QB any more than Fran can get a point guard. Both position essential in their relative sports.

This game was not important. So it deadens the pain somewhat. It doesn’t deaden the frustration of recruiting and developing a QB with speedsters on the outside.

Iowa just can’t put it all together. Have good this or that and a great this (usually linemen or tight ends) but never everything in one year.

For how long will the FAMILY milk this out?

KOK's head on a stake? Cause these QBs are dog shit.

Will they ever learn the lesson? Make adjustments, take the lead, then they try to nurse it safely home. Just go with what got you there instead of playing not to lose. You know what happens when you play not to lose instead of playing to win. Annnd "pussy ball" is not what the fans love to see. We want to really go for that first down and get it. No one is saying "what a great finish how they nursed that clock down all the way". Annnnnd part2 :) nobody is falling for that 4th down draw them off sides thing anymore.

Pottebaum has been underused this entire season

Follow Tyler for the first down

Still think not calling a TO was the mistake of the game

Latest posts