The interception on the goal line

99topdawg

KF was on the field trying to call timeout. The field judge wanted to give it to him, but decided to crap his pants instead.

KF was on the field trying to call timeout. The field judge wanted to give it to him, but decided to crap his pants instead.
It always tough to get the attention of the officials when the team is down by the goal line. I wonder if there's an easier way to get one called, besides the obvious (Stanley)

He starts to wave his hands. If he had blown the whistle they would have had to allow the time out. Which may have caused a near riot in Beaver Stadium.

To bad and sucks but is that where we're going to lay the blame for this loss? It's just one of several of the fuckups but that ball was in one and only one person's hands and he chose to throw it anyway to a guy with his back turned to him! Bye the way it was his best completion of the day because he threw it right in the money where only that guy could make the play!

To bad and sucks but is that where we're going to lay the blame for this loss? It's just one of several of the fuckups but that ball was in one and only one person's hands and he chose to throw it anyway to a guy with his back turned to him! Bye the way it was his best completion of the day because he threw it right in the money where only that guy could make the play!
dude.....ur post is spot on

Wow, that looks so bad for this guy, the ball hadn't been snapped yet. He even put the whistle in his mouth and raised his hands. This guy needs to be "reassigned". Totally gutless.

Actually that was a screen play to Young.
If Fant was awake, he would have been blocking the guy who intercepted the ball and it would have just been another poorly thrown incomplete pass.

This was his same reaction on obvious holding that even PSU receivers got away with times. At least they didnt turn around and call holds on iowa though.

I dont understand how you dont rip the ref after that.

KF didn't act outraged after the game in the press conference when asked about it. He said he wished he would have gotten a timeout but it didn't sound like it was an egregious error by the officials. This video doesn't show everything we'd need to see for it to be conclusive.

KF didn't act outraged after the game in the press conference when asked about it. He said he wished he would have gotten a timeout but it didn't sound like it was an egregious error by the officials. This video doesn't show everything we'd need to see for it to be conclusive.
It would be nice to see if there is additional footage showing Kirk asking for the TO. As the tweet mentions, the ref might have been getting ready to call for delay of game. The more I replay it, I think that's probably what he was going to do. His head is angled towards the clock at the other end of the of the stadium. That is the clock that this ref would be watching as well.

It would be nice to see if there is additional footage showing Kirk asking for the TO. As the tweet mentions, the ref might have been getting ready to call for delay of game. The more I replay it, I think that's probably what he was going to do. His head is angled towards the clock at the other end of the of the stadium. That is the clock that this ref would be watching as well.
I always thought delay of game was the responsibility of the back judge. Not only is he official timekeeper among the officials he is usually directly behind the umpire with a clear view of the play clock. Has that changed in college/pros?

I always thought delay of game was the responsibility of the back judge. Not only is he official timekeeper among the officials he is usually directly behind the umpire with a clear view of the play clock. Has that changed in college/pros?
I think that is still the case, but I'm pretty sure any official can call a delay of game or any other call for that matter if the official is in a position to properly see the infraction. I could be wrong. The fact that a delay of game call isn't his responsibility might be why he seemed hesitant.

If he was going to call a timeout, Kirk or another coach must have been quite a ways onto the field based on where the ref was looking.

Look Rob is correct. We don't know what all went on and what Kirk and other coaches were doing. Safe to say Kirk wasn't on top of it and waited too long to motion. He doesn't have the greatest reputation in this area now does he. OR who is it that is coaching your qb to audibilize in that situation? Time, Noise, Down and distance...??

Stanley never should have been in the game at that point. Kirk should have used a stoppage in play at any point prior to that to replace his qb. :cool:

Except that the delay of game is the back judge's call. There's really nothing else he could have been trying to call. It's his job to watch for timeouts from the sideline when the side judge has his back to the bench (the ball is past the box).

Latest posts