The Idiots on this board

ICHawk24

Rudock is gone, and somehow its KFz's fault.

The QB that you hated seems to be liked by one of the most successful coaches in the game today. It should tell you something about your opinion.

And Jon will surely put together a podcast feeding you exactly what you want to hear.

Have fun.

Wow, a lot of butthurt. First I and a lot of posters never hated Rudock, He played well in 2013, he had some tough times moving the team in 2014. CJ looks like he has the 'stuff'

And Harbaugh is grabbing at straws hoping he hits the jackpot his first year by grabbing an experienced Big10 QB. He would be stupid not to maybe take JR.

The QB that you hated seems to be liked by one of the most successful coaches in the game today. It should tell you something about your opinion.

And Jon will surely put together a podcast feeding you exactly what you want to hear.

Have fun.

I will have fun, thanks.

Rudock is a game manager. Nothing more. He's ok. He's tapioca pudding, nothing more.

Harbaugh is not knocking down Jr's door begging him to don the maize and blue. JR is considering transfering there and Harbaugh is like; well if you wanna come here we will accept you.

So Mr HighHorse, you ain't telling us nothing.:p

Just because you think one player is better than another and should be starting, doesn't mean you hate the other player. I support all Hawkeye players, and I cheered loudly for Rudock all year long, and wanted him to succeed and the team to succeed. At the same time, I felt it was obvious that CJ has the better arm, and would be the better QB, and that doesn't mean I hated Jake, or Weigers. One does not equal the other.

Just because you think one player is better than another and should be starting, doesn't mean you hate the other player. I support all Hawkeye players, and I cheered loudly for Rudock all year long, and wanted him to succeed and the team to succeed. At the same time, I felt it was obvious that CJ has the better arm, and would be the better QB, and that doesn't mean I hated Jake, or Weigers. One does not equal the other.

Well said

While I hate to not have a game experienced back up. Maybe not having the locker room distraction will be good. Team can get behind CJ and not deal with the crap. Good luck to jake but I'm over it.

Have fun.

I'm sorry all I heard was...wah wah wah I'm a snooty whiney lil beotch

Have fun.

People of the board, don't even bother engaging with OP's post. It's moronic.

We don't know that Rudock is wanted at Michigan. It sounds like he has a visit scheduled, but at this point it's far from certain that he'll make the team. Harbaugh isn't one of the most successful coaches in the game today. He's in fashion because he was an NFL coach. It remains to be seen how effective he'll be at turning Michigan's program around.

Nobody here "hates" Rudock. Mainly of us simply wanted Beathard to be given a shot during the regular season to more effectively gauge the talent level of both QBs. We're frustrated with Kirk because throughout the regular season last year because he refused to answer any of the media's QB related questions honestly. The only time we got the honest truth from the program was during the Davis pre bowl interview.

You're arguing just for the sake of arguing. Get over yourself.

Last year was not entirely on Jake. We have a lot of issues. What we did need in order to capitalize on the best home schedule we coukd possibly have is a QB that could consistently attack down the field to lossen everything else up. We needed to score TDs because of a bad defense not game management.

What is interesting is that Jake does not think enough of himself that he can beat out CJ. That is telling. He could have taken the Anthony Clemmons route of coming back with something to prove which our fans appreciate. Instead he walks away when the going gets tough.

You are clueless if you can't recognize Harbaugh is a great coach. See what he did down in San Diego, then at Stanford and then in SF. He did it at three different places and only one had experienced any recent success, if that.

If you think Ruddock is just a game manager, that's fine. But see what Harbaugh did when he had Alex Smith. Smith never did anything before Harbaugh was there. Then he takes the team to the NFC Championship game. Then they go with Kapernick and he looks all-world.

if you think Ruddock is going to get a scholarship at Michigan without having been told he will be then be the best QB on the roster and playing, you are pretty naive.

I will stop now, before I really start throwing insults around.

Have fun.

I would add that it was kfootball's mismanaging of the situation that caused this outcome. Recall that this time last year, kfootball had promised CJ a legitimate chance to win the starting spot, but when CJ showed he was the better fit for GD's offense, he continued to just sit on the bench. If JR have been moved to he backup role prior to the B1G season, it would have been a graceful way for him to do so. Instead, kfootball put his "I'm the coach and I make the decisions and I'm not going to buckle to the fans wishes" pride on display, and allowed JR to become the lightening rod for a failed season. Every mistake JR made was discussed in hopes that kfootball would certainly understand the reality and make the change.

JR left because he felt like he got a raw deal from this staff and this staff does exactly what kfootball demands. Don't blame this transfer on the fans, 24, we'd all love to still have JR on the team as the backup. But JR lost his trust in the staff and kfootball.

You are clueless if you can't recognize Harbaugh is a great coach. See what he did down in San Diego, then at Stanford and then in SF. He did it at three different places and only one had experienced any recent success, if that.

If you think Ruddock is just a game manager, that's fine. But see what Harbaugh did when he had Alex Smith. Smith never did anything before Harbaugh was there. Then he takes the team to the NFC Championship game. Then they go with Kapernick and he looks all-world.

if you think Ruddock is going to get a scholarship at Michigan without having been told he will be then be the best QB on the roster and playing, you are pretty naive.

I will stop now, before I really start throwing insults around.

Harbaugh did with Alex Smith exactly what he'd love to do with JR and that is he used Smith until he felt CK was ready to take over. So, Harbaugh would love to have a 2 year B1G starting QB, who is a game manager, guide his team for 1 season (a season with no real expectations for Harbaugh) so that he can redshirt ALL of the QB's he wants to redshirt. It is that simple.

In 2013, as I watched Jake Rudock (I am not a QB expert but I can observe) you could see his best throws were possession passes over the middle, nice medium range post patterns (remember the beauty in the ISU game by the goal line), and the 20-30 yarders over the cornerback/under the safety in the open sideline gap in the 2 deep zone coverage. He was really good at those throws. I observed he was a little late and not accurate enough on those very short out patterns. Many times (and this continued this year) Jake would get the ball to the wideout on the short out pattern and all they could do is catch and step out of bounds. And many times the ball would not lead the short route receiver down the field.

My point is I dont think JR's best throws are what match up for GD's short horizontal offense but I think he can throw the passes for the intermediate range 8-25 yard offense you see harbaugh and other coaches run.

^^^^^^^^^This X a 1000. I do not understand why people can't get this. Yeah, you wish KF could have handle the QB situation better, but many fans didn't hate Jake or was rooting for him to fail.

As for him probably landing at Michigan, he is the ideal transition guy until JH can get his guy into place. Harbaugh will get a pass this year, 6 or 7 wins and a minor bowl while implementing his system, continuing to change the culture.

Latest posts