The Futility of Iowa State Football

ChosenChildren

I expect Iowa State to be good this year.....and I never assume an Iowa victory in that game each fall against the Cyclones (it is always a tough game).

But I did discover something pretty amazing while hanging out on the College Football Reference website: In 85 years of the AP football poll, Iowa State has appeared in the final AP ranking only TWICE during all of that time. Once, in 2000, when they were ranked #25, and at the end of 1976 when they were ranked #19. That's it.

Iowa, by comparison, has finished in the final AP football ranking 24 times during the 85 years of the AP poll (including the past 2 years).

The only thing they know about a poll is that, when they get there their degree from ISU, the only thing they'll be qualified for is to dance on a pole.

The only thing they know about a poll is that, when they get there their degree from ISU, the only thing they'll be qualified for is to dance on a pole.

Only if the pole is engineered by someone from a real engineering school, not ISU. The girth of the females in Ames will rip a normal pole right out of the ceiling. You put an ISU co-ed on the stage at SoCo in Mt. Joy and someone on sniffer's row (if anyone is brave enough to stay there) is likely to get hurt.

Latest posts