Iceman

4 first downs
168 total yards
11/25 passing
4.4 yds per catch
1.7 yds per rush
10 punts
Defense scores 4 of 7 points

All this crap offense against our cupcake 1aa opponent.

4 first downs
168 total yards
11/25 passing
4.4 yds per catch
1.7 yds per rush
10 punts
Defense scores 4 of 7 points

All this crap offense against our cupcake 1aa opponent.

While we should have done MUCH better on offense, I wouldn't call the #2 ranked FCS team a cupcake opponent.

I’m honestly beside myself. I had very little expectations offensively going in to the game, but after that performance I’m numb. I honestly don’t even feel good about the defense or special teams because all I can focus on is thinking about how much worse the offense looked today then it did last year.

defense and special teams cannot carry this team if that is what we’re going to see this year. I’m speechless and worried would be an understatement.

Kirk Is too old to realize that this is hurting the future of Iowa football. In a world with barstool sports and social media covering everything, high school kids see the kind of comments and attention this style of play gets and the kids are going to choose other schools. We are the laughing stock of college football right now and honestly have been since cowherd called us the fake ID team. It also doesn’t help to schedule cupcake games every year to inflate a record, get national attention from the rankings then get blown out when all eyes are on us.

Kirk Is too old to realize that this is hurting the future of Iowa football. In a world with barstool sports and social media covering everything, high school kids see the kind of comments and attention this style of play gets and the kids are going to choose other schools. We are the laughing stock of college football right now and honestly have been since cowherd called us the fake ID team. It also doesn’t help to schedule cupcake games every year to inflate a record, get national attention from the rankings then get blown out when all eyes are on us.
A lot of eyes were on us when we beat Mississippi State and USC in bowls that are still recent because of covid.

The Michigan game in Indy sucked last year, but we don't always get blown out when all eyes are on us.

Not a good day for recruits in stands hearing the crowd boo your starting QB. One thing I would never do is boo any Iowa player, ever.

Don't forget how that inflated cupcake record gets him and his nepotism staff raises and contract extension.

Our reputation is spreading in new directions..........

I love this Tee -- and it's an accurate double-meaning!
I attended yesterday's game, and it's so memorable it really does deserve a moniker of some sort, but I haven't been able to come up with a catchy nickname for that game to share with long-time friends, fans, and family. Any ideas??? Please contribute!

Brian Ferentz is fair game for boos. That’s where most of it was directed. The student section was chanting fire Brian. Everyone knows what the elephant in the room is.

I'm not a defender of everything Brian Ferentz, but he is being handcuffed by a lot of things right now.

Not a good day for recruits in stands hearing the crowd boo your starting QB. One thing I would never do is boo any Iowa player, ever.

"Our fans aren’t stupid. They’re watching. They know what’s going on." KF 10/12/21 commenting on crowd noise after frequent Penn State injury timeouts during last year's game.

...........some irony here folks.

I've also concluded we are seeing the slow death of Iowa football. Rumor was that Evy wanted to be the last grea iowa coach. Maybe the cupboard will be bare.

Doyle probably was using over the top motivation techiques to turn average recruits into Goliath and those methods are gone.

In the psst 10 years Iowa has had one
Good QB who sacrificed his body to move the football. One serviceable one who was here with the good one. One ok game manager. Hawks are getting and using another good qb under KF. Mostly regression.

Latest posts