The end of Fran?

So what is it that you know that I don't? You can sit here and be an ass all night, but you've yet to give any type of information to help me see where you're coming from.

Lol good luck with that. Here's how I see it. Dolph has already been suspended once this year. Everyone at every business is erroring on the side of caution when disciplining people over "insensitive" remarks. Barta hasn't handled shit correctly ever. He got the email and handed out a stricter punishment than the last one, which is what you always do. I don't need to add in a conspiracy of a coach looking for blood because the guy gave the wrong person tickets a few years ago. If Barta needed help from an Iowa coach to make a decision, he would have gone to Kirk, not Fran.

You hope he gets canned because he blew up on a ref in the tunnel!?!?!?!? Would he say the same thing if he could go back and change it? maybe not... how can you possible justify firing him!?!?

<<How can you possibly justify firing him?>>

Dude, IF true (and I have my doubts that it was as "bad" as advertised), that's a "We-don't-even-have-to-pay-you-the-buyout"-level offense in the eyes of some. When compared with Dolph, it's FULL season, not just "remainder".

If there are points in his contract that he violated then it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they got another coach. I like Fran, and I think he is a good guy, but I doubt he is worth the money he is being paid.

If true, and particularly if there is video or audio, Fran will be in considerable trouble. You do NOT physically or verbally assault a sports official, even if you hate the way they called the game.

I’m seeing at the least a BIG, perhaps NCAA censure, a suspension, possibly a fine. The way his son acted on the floor also is problematic.

My opinion of Fran did a 180 tonight.

Iowa basketball deserves better.

I think Connor was right to be upset, while he reached a bit the OSU player dropped his shoulder and hit him in the face with it. FFS all he did was wave his hand at the ref and got a T while the OSU coach screamed bullshit at the refs for 10 sec and got nothing. This double standard is getting old.

I think Connor was right to be upset, while he reached a bit the OSU player dropped his shoulder and hit him in the face with it. FFS all he did was wave his hand at the ref and got a T while the OSU coach screamed bullshit at the refs for 10 sec and got nothing. This double standard is getting old.
Yeah their coach in the first half should have gotten his T a lot sooner than he did. And he kept yapping well after he got it. What Connor did was just 'show up' the ref on the floor. Refs will take a lot of verbal abuse from coaches but not from the players. They'll let them talk a little too but CM did use his hands and that's a no no.

The national media are absolute destroying him tonight. He has incredibly bad timing on negative attention to his program. Along with an University with horrible PR. That’s a toxic relationship. The beginning of the end for Fran.

This may have played into the reinstatement of Dolphin. They surely wouldn't want to deal with both situations right now and have the national media connect the two. I'm almost positive this caused the UofI to switch gears on the Dolph situation. The ONLY thing the university could do right now is reinstate Dolph or state he's coming back. They didn't want to take two black eyes at the moment.

The university sucks at Chess!

Give me a break. How many T's does Fran have this year? 2? 3? This guy turned a joke of a program into a team contending for a BIG championship up until a week ago. Instead, a lot of you guys are butthurt over the radio guy getting suspended for comparing a black man to a giant ape and are somehow blaming that on the basketball coach. His players love him and have stated multiple times how much it means to them that their coach stands up for them and that they are willing to lay in on the line for their coach. The end of fran???? you better hope not

I luv it. Marge failed in getting Dolph booted and now this. Will Patrick ever suit up as a Hawk?

The university so sucks at Chess!

You hope he gets canned because he blew up on a ref in the tunnel!?!?!?!? Would he say the same thing if he could go back and change it? maybe not... how can you possible justify firing him!?!?

Ya gotta wonder if he's blown up at Dolph in closed quarters. There has to be more to the story.

Ya gotta wonder if he's blown up at Dolph in closed quarters. There has to be more to the story.
I haven't heard this followed up on but since the whole Dolph talking about Dailey thing Dolph hasn't interviewed Fran at all. I don't know if that's true or not but I thought that was something 'the voice of the Hawkeyes' would be doing quite a bit... If that stopped happening and won't be happening that's just odd. The radio voice of the Hawks having no 'relationship' of any kind with the HC.... I wish Dolph would just ride off into the sunset. He should want better than this too.

I haven't heard this followed up on but since the whole Dolph talking about Dailey thing Dolph hasn't interviewed Fran at all. I don't know if that's true or not but I thought that was something 'the voice of the Hawkeyes' would be doing quite a bit... If that stopped happening and won't be happening that's just odd. The radio voice of the Hawks having no 'relationship' of any kind with the HC.... I wish Dolph would just ride off into the sunset. He should want better than this too.

After games, Bobby Hansen has interviewed Fran in the locker room for the radio broadcast since the first Dolph suspension this year.

Yes, I do. His behavior during and apparently after the game was beyond the pale.

How can I justify firing him? Easy, there are terms in his contract regarding his actions and how they reflect on his program and the University of Iowa.

Fire him and Holtmann for that matter. National TV got him cursing in a referee's ear, and that is just insane. I'm sure that's never happened.

After games, Bobby Hansen has interviewed Fran in the locker room for the radio broadcast since the first Dolph suspension this year.
So Dolph used to interview him? Not just before/after games but like how about for any of those coaches call in deals? Does he do any of those like KF does? I'm just so out of the loop on the radio side of things. It's been 10 plus yrs easy since I listened to a broadcast at all

So Dolph used to interview him? Not just before/after games but like how about for any of those coaches call in deals? Does he do any of those like KF does? I'm just so out of the loop on the radio side of things. It's been 10 plus yrs easy since I listened to a broadcast at all

After games, like Ferentz, Fran would get on a mike in the locker room and talk to both Dolphin and Hansen (Kirk talks to Dolph and Eddie) before the suspension. Since the 1st suspension, Bobby goes to the locker room and interviews Fran himself.

I don't listen to the call in show, so no feedback there.

After games, like Ferentz, Fran would get on a mike in the locker room and talk to both Dolphin and Hansen (Kirk talks to Dolph and Eddie) before the suspension. Since the 1st suspension, Bobby goes to the locker room and interviews Fran himself.

I don't listen to the call in show, so no feedback there.

Fran does Hawk Talk with Dolph every week, so let's just knip this narrative in the butt.

Fran does Hawk Talk with Dolph every week, so let's just knip this narrative in the butt.
I'd have thought so if there was such a thing for hoops. I knew about the football one being advertised all the time at Carlos Okellys I think. I just only heard the ads for them never tuned in.

I'd have thought so if there was such a thing for hoops. I knew about the football one being advertised all the time at Carlos Okellys I think. I just only heard the ads for them never tuned in.

It's advertised on social media. Fran doesn't hate Dolph, he's been upset with some things he's said and done, but he's still civil with the guy, anything else is speculation at this point.

It's advertised on social media. Fran doesn't hate Dolph, he's been upset with some things he's said and done, but he's still civil with the guy, anything else is speculation at this point.
I would think they'd both be professionals for sure. But since the Dailey thing I wasn't sure if that had drove a larger wedge then what Barta had brought up previously. Freaking Barta bringing that up unsolicited has got to be the craziest thing ever for an AD. Not one soul knew about that and so he had to go bringing that up. Then when asked more about he back peddled faster than Deon Sanders.

I don't think there is hate there, but do you have any thoughts to why Hansen interviews Fran solo in the locker room instead of both Gary and Bobby interviewing Fran together? I just noted the change, but interested in a possible reason why. That's all.

So he still does that show? I didn't know that. I was going to say if he doesn't have any interviews with him anymore, he would literally have no contact with the guy. Why would Fran want to end a guy he doesn't even have to be around?

Latest posts